The Undefeated NFL Teams: Super Bowl Contenders?

"Super Bowl LI" Photo courtesy of Wikipedia.

Lia Tassinari, Social Media Editor

The undefeated team as of now are the Philadelphia Eagles (3-0), the Minnesota Vikings (4-0) and the Denver Broncos (4-0). Although it is only week 4 in the NFL, many football fans are already making Super Bowl predictions. So, let’s take a look at these clearly talented teams and see if they have a shot to be Super Bowl Contenders.

1. Broncos (No)

Many of my sport-loving friends laughed when I talked about Trevor Siemian’s potential at quarterback in one of my first blog posts, but now I’m laughing back at them because, well, his team is undefeated thus far. That means this guy is doing something right. However, the real question is: does he have what it takes to bring his team to the Super Bowl? My answer is a big fat NO. Why? Because Siemian has little experience in the NFL. Sure, he has incredible weapons on his offense like Demaryius Thomas and Emanuel Sanders. The Broncos also have one of the best defenses in the league. So, I think it’s safe to say that the Broncos will probably win its division and make the playoffs. However, a lot of the pressure falls on the quarterback, and I’m not so sure that Trevor Siemian’s has what it takes to lead his team to the Super Bowl.

1. Vikings (Yes)

Here is a team that is absolutely incredible. So far, the Vikings have already won against some of its hardest opponents: The Green Bay Packers, Carolina Panthers and New York Giants. Why are the Vikings so impressive? Because the team continues to win even without Adrian Peterson, one of the best running backs in the NFL, and Teddy Bridgewater, the team’s starting quarterback. The Vikings’ backup quarterback, Sam Bradford, has a lot of experience in the NFL and is more than capable of leading his team to the Super Bowl. With an extremely gifted defense, offensive weapons like Stefon Diggs and Kyle Rudolph, AND Adrian Peterson returning in a few weeks, this team just may be unstoppable.

1. Eagles (TBD)

I saved the Eagles for last because it is really up in the air as to whether or not this team has what it takes to be Super Bowl contenders. First, I will commend the Eagles on its defense because this defense is definitely one of the best in the NFL by far. However, like the Broncos quarterback, Carson Wentz is a rookie and has very little experience. His performance has been impressive, do not get me wrong, but the Eagles have also had an easy schedule for the most part. For instance, the Eagles played the Cleveland Browns (0-4) and the Chicago Bears (1-3). The only game that impressed me was when the Eagles beat Ben Roethlisberger and the Pittsburgh Steelers by 31 points. But, I am not going to say that the Eagles could potentially be Super Bowl contenders after one impressive game. So, on that note, I will let you know what I think after the Eagles play against serious teams like the Vikings, Falcons, Seahawks and Packers later in the season.