Study Spots

Courtesy of Tabatha Gonzalez

Courtesy of Tabatha Gonzalez

Tabatha Gonzalez, Feature Editor and Photographer

Sooner than realized, midterm season is around the corner. With math formulas to remember, essays to write, and terms to remember, a quiet study spot will be ideal for the Pace student. Several locations around the campus offer a variety of studying atmospheres depending on what students prefer.

Mortola Library is the obvious go-to when it comes to a studying spot. The first floor offers a group study area in which people can study with others and discuss topics for future exams. Here, is also the spot that students who need a little bit of busyness to study go to. The second floor is for more quiet-oriented studiers. The third floor is ideal for students who need help from tutors. The tutoring center offers assistance from professor leveled help to peer review help. For those who need a fresh environment with not too much noise, the outside of the library offers seats and tables for students to read or use their laptops on their own.

Other buildings, like Elm, Alumni, North and Martin Hall, also offer study spots for their residents. In the halls, study rooms are provided for those who want it. It’s a first come, first serve area with several seats, outlets, a television and a close-to-sound proof room. In Elm and Alumni, they are often found either in the middle of the buildings or off on the ends.

Kessel Student Center also offers a group study area upstairs in the lounge room. It’s more of a socializing spot, but some students find it useful to study in groups there. Many like it because of its proximity to the cafeteria, where they frequently buy brain food and snacks.

So wherever students choose to study, they must know that a variety of places are offered on campus. It all depends on the study habits of the student, and their preferred setting.