Find Your Perfect Halloween Costume

Find Your Perfect Halloween Costume

Tabatha Gonzalez, Feature Editor

We’re a week away from Halloween and it’s crunch time for making or buying a costume. As college students, we tend to procrastinate in about every aspect of life including costume shopping. Here are the top three hot spots to find where your future costume could be hidden.

Goodwill. If you decide to pick a Do It Yourself (DIY) costume, Goodwill is the easiest place to find cheap and pretty accurate clothing for most costume ideas. The thrift shop ranges from having purple blazers if you want to be The Joker, bright t-shirts if you want to be an 80s chick, and a lot of random clothing articles that might spark up an idea if you’re still deciding on what to choose. All together, your total will probably be no more than $20 for a full costume. A local Goodwill could be found in the Greenburgh Shopping Center on Saw Mill River Road just five minutes from Pace.

Walmart. Because Walmart is so large, and at times intimidating to find items, this is a place to go if you’re looking for something in particular. Need face paint, leggings, hair spray, or plain white t-shirt? Walmart is a guaranteed place to find these articles. On top of being a reliable place to find costume options, it saves money. If you need to find a Walmart, one is located on Main Street in White Plains.

Party City. Are you unable to DIY? Do you not mind taking a little more of a costly route for a costume? Party City might be your answer. Party City, as most know, is the Halloween key spot to find a costume or any items that could help build your costume. They have anything from face paint sets to wigs to full-blown costumes. There is one located on Main Street in Mount Kisco.

Ultimately, it’s not about all about spending money or necessarily being the best costume at Pace. If you have a good time and dress up with a simple costume idea, you might not even have to go to these places and simply find costume in your own closet to make.