Pace Students On Wearing Makeup To Class- Do Male Students Notice?

courtesy of funzypics

courtesy of funzypics

Elise Adams, Layout Editor

I took an interview of students at Pace, both male and female, to see their different opinions of girls wearing makeup to class. All of the students answers are anonymous and all students are undergraduates.

First Question: (asked to female students)

Q: Do you wear makeup to class? If so, why?

A: “I do wear makeup to class because I’m more confident, and feel better about myself when I’m wearing makeup. If I’m not wearing makeup, I feel kind of out of it.”

A: “I wear makeup to class, but not that much. I just wear foundation, mascara, and a little blush. I wear it because I like to look kind of presentable.”

A: “It honestly depends on the day, if i’m up early enough I’ll get ready for the day and put on makeup, but I don’t mind sacrificing wearing no makeup for 25 more minutes of sleep.”

Second Question: (asked to male students)

Q: Do you notice when girls wear makeup to class?

A: “I would say I notice that a girl is not wearing makeup before I notice that she is.”

A: “I notice when girls are wearing an excessive amount of makeup, like when they’re orange.”

A: “I notice when girls do the eye wings and the contour.”

A: “Some days girls in class are tan and then some days they’re not.”

A: “I always notice when they draw in their eyebrows with a marker, they look thicker. I don’t really like the way it looks.”

The common denominator seems to be that female students like to wear makeup to feel confident in their appearance and feel they look presentable, while male students take notice in their female peers appearances. Male students tend to take note of how a females appearance may change from class to class with various makeup trends and techniques.