New Courses Being Offered Across the University

Andreas Christou, Senior Copy Editor

As the semester draws to a close, students are looking toward finalizing their schedules for the fall semester. Each semester at Pace, all five schools within the university work to develop new courses, and highlight various courses within their departments that are open to all majors. The Lubin School of Business, School of Education, and Seidenberg School of Computer Science and Information System are pleased to share their new fall course offerings on the Pleasantville campus with the student body.

The Lubin School will be offering four new courses in the fall, which are:

• BUS 255-Professional Planning and Practice for Internships and Careers
  • FIN 330-Personal Financial Planning
  • LAW 317-Sports and Entertainment Law
  • MAR 363-Special Events Marketing for Arts, Entertainment and Sports

The School of Business has also shared that they will be offering four additional new courses in the spring, within the disciplines of marketing and management, with some of these classes focusing on business in the field of sports.

The School of Education will be offering one new course in the fall, TCH 455, titled Middle Childhood/Early Adolescence: Community Culture and Identity. This course explores who the early adolescent is and what school and classroom communities work best for this age group.  This course is required for middle school certification but can be useful for those interested in working with this age group in afterschool, camp, and alternative educational environments.

The Seidenberg School, although they will not be offering any new courses on the Pleasantville campus for the fall semester, would like to highlight their civic engagement courses, which are open to students of all majors. The three courses being offered in the fall are:

• CIS 102Q-Problem Solving Using LEGO Robotics
  • CIS 102T-Intergenerational Computing
  • CIS 102W- Web Design for Non-Profit Organizations

The Seidenberg is also offering online 2-credit courses designed to enhance computing skills, focusing on fields such as Word processing, spreadsheets, presentations, social media, and database applications.

The Dyson College of Arts and Sciences and College of Health Professions will also be featuring courses for the upcoming fall semester, but were not able to respond to The Pace Chronicle with their exact offerings. Students are encouraged to contact their academic advisors for more information on new courses within these two schools.