2017 Spring Carnival

The sun sets at the Spring Carnival. Photo by Joseph Tucci.

Adiba Sikder, Featured Writter

Pace students and Pleasantville residents screamed and danced during the Grease themed annual Spring Carnival hosted by SGA and programming board in Parking Lot D on March 29.

The typically empty parking lot was filled with fun rides and activities free of charge for Pace students and a small fee of five dollars for outside guests.

The carnival featured rock-climbing, a super slide, The Sizzler ride, The Round-Up ride, Bungee Run, Pie-SGA-in-the-face, a music festival, free food and several carnival games with prizes.  

Several students and Pleasantville residents were found with arms filled with brightly-colored stuffed animals that they won from the games at the carnival.

“I won an animal from every station. My boyfriend won one for me, so it felt like those cliché carnival dates everyone goes on in the movies,” sophomore Melissa DiNucci said.

Other students were gathered in front of the stage and dancing during the live performances by Angie Keilhauer, 3 Shades of Blue, and J8KE.

Cover Drive, a Carribean pop band from Barbados canceled last minute and was replaced with Grease themed music and a longer performance by J8KE.

“It’s nice to see that even though these artists are up and coming that everyone is appreciating them, dancing, and enjoying themselves,” organizer for the spring carnivalKeyshana Dupuy said.

Dupuy later stole the stage in between performances and sang Bidi Bidi Bom Bom with Amber Borrero, vice president of programming, creating a larger crowd in front of the stage for the performers.

Throughout the evening, long lines began to form near The Round-Up which was constantly filled with people during each ride.

“This is my first time at the carnival at Pace and my favorite ride was definitely The Round-Up. I’ve gone on it three times already,” sophomore Joe Kelly said.

Although the Spring Carnival is the biggest event of the year, all rides and activities lost some of its magic after four hours due to a large number of students and the lack of supplies for several activities.

Several game stations ran out of prizes for people to win, the photo booth broke down for about two hours, two rides closed early, and the barbecue staff stopped cooking even though there were many supplies left.