High Definition Steps Their Way to $1,250

High+Definition+poses+on+the+stage+with+their+%241%2C250+prize+after+winning+the+Step+and+Stroll+Competition+

High Definition poses on the stage with their $1,250 prize after winning the Step and Stroll Competition

Christina Bubba

Christina Bubba

Christina Bubba

Christina Bubba, Feature Editor

The annual Step and Stroll competition kicked off Homecoming weekend on Thursday night in the Goldstein Fitness Center where six teams competed in a dance-off for a $1,250 prize. Each team performed two different three to five minute routines and were judged on their: creativity, complexity, transitions, uniformity, execution, and crowed enthusiasm.

The performing teams included: High Definition, Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity, Inc., GDX, Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity, Inc., New Vybz, and Blue York Step and Stroll Team for Phi Beta Sigma Fraternity, Inc. The event was hosted by Suede Graham and Lisbeth Parra.

“This is my first Step and Stroll,” Graham said. “I think it is a good way to start Homecoming weekend and bring everybody together.”

There was a crowed of family members and Pace students creating a lively dynamic. The members of the Homecoming Court attended the event in spirit of the weekend to come.

“I have been coming [to Step and Stroll] since freshman year; I think it’s awesome,” junior Kristin Mclerney said. “It’s a really cool event compared to the other events we have on campus.”

The judges declared the top three winners, but only the very best got to walk away with the prize. Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity, Inc. took third place, Phi Beta Sigma Fraternity, Inc. came in second, and High Definition won first prize.

“We put this together in two weeks; I am so proud of them,” president of High Definition, Gariel Spears said. “[With the money] we are about to make this a real competitive step team.”

About the Contributor
Christina Bubba, Feature Editor

I am a junior Digital Journalism major with a minor in Public Relations. On campus, I am Feature Editor of the Pace Chronicle, a part of the Cheerleading...