Alyssa Chambers: A Jack of All Trades

Alyssa Chambers, a junior at Pace, runs her own college lifestyle blog and Youtube channel with over 50 subscribers.

Nigeria Belizario, Contributing Writer

From Queens by way of Long Island, Alyssa Chambers is an East Coast native and a junior at Pace pursuing a degree in human resource management with a minor in law. In the midst of pursuing a degree and maintaining a 4.0 GPA, Chambers manages to partake in a variety of extracurricular activities on campus.

Being the president of Abyss of Sound Choir for three consecutive years is a prominent position that she enjoys, given the musical background she comes from. Chambers fell right into the choir setting because she used to sing in her church as a child. Throughout her teenage years, she was involved in high school plays, making her no stranger to the stage. The peace she finds within music is evident when she speaks about it; she even uses it as a way to relieve stress.

“During stressful situation, I just go and sing in the shower. Very loudly,” Chambers jokingly states.

When listening to music, Chambers is really drawn to artists that have power and passion behind their voices such as Sam Smith and Whitney Houston. She tries to carry these traits not just in her own music but into other areas of her life.

Between being an RA, being an active member of the Pace dance team, juggling internships, and creating content for both her college lifestyle blog and Youtube channel, Chambers must keep a certain level of power and passion in order to give each job her all.

“I enjoy being busy, it makes me feel like I am not wasting time,” she said. “When I have idle time I feel like I should be doing something productive.”

As a well-known face in the Pace community for her constant involvement, Chambers gave important advice to freshmen.

“College is an adventure filled with high and low moments; every action you take has a consequence whether it’s good or bad. Try not to stress over little situations, they won’t mean anything in hindsight. Most importantly, always remember to take care of yourself.”

Moving forward, Chambers has a career goal of taking on the world of law. Deciding to go down the route of labor laws was a no-brainer for Chambers because helping others brings her happiness.

She wants to be in the forefront making an honest difference for working class citizens, pushing for equality. Although this will not be an easy task, Chambers will be ready; with power and passion driving her, Corporate America will have a new game changer on their hands.