SGA Update October 24

Emily Wolfrum, Editor-in-Chief

Student Government Association (SGA) met on Oct. 24 in Lienhard Lecture Hall.

Guest speaker Nikki Schlecker presented on The Campus Job Inc., a website that connects job opportunities with over 8000 college campuses. If approved by Pace, campusjob.com will work in conjunction with Career Services for students.

SGA President John Wrench offered information on ASGA summer internships available in Washington, D.C. He also announced that SGA would be tabling for the week of Oct. 27 in Kessel Student Center. The tables would allow students the chance to post complaints to various boards, so that committees could review complaints and develop plans to solve student problems.

Wrench additionally stated that a working group was being developed to address concerns with campus dining.

Vice President of Finance Jessica Vargas spoke about budget deadlines for the current and upcoming semester.

All budget proposals (BMS) for the spring semester were due Oct. 27 at 5 p.m. The Budget Allocation Committee is still accepting BMS form for non-priority events for the current fall semester.

Colleges Against Cancer’s Relay for Life event was unanimously voted as SGA’s spring philanthropy.

No further information has been released regarding the elimination of the School of Education and condensation of Seidenberg to the New York City campus. However, advisers from both schools have met with the provost, according to Legislative Adviser Howard Weishaus. During open discussion, Weishaus discussed other options of alleviating the school’s financial concerns, including the removal of adjunct faculty and professors.

A community meeting will be held during common hour on Nov. 11. All students are welcome to attend and voice their opinions.