President Krislov Again Speaks Out Against Sexual Assault

Carmen Ballon, Social Media Manager

Pace University President Marvin Krislov continues to ensure the safety of the university, admits of U.S Department Secretary’s desire to adjust laws against sexual assault on college campuses.

Last week, students and faculty received a personal message from Krislov.

“Pace University remains steadfast in ensuring the safety of all members of our community,” Krislov said, in a statement on Oct.11.”  And is committed to maintaining our strong policies and procedures on issues related to sexual assault, discrimination, and harassment.”

Throughout the letter, Krislov stated that Pace University is a leader in these issues and confirms our safety in the community. For instance, three years ago students, faculty, and staff attended a summit to learn of different ways to educate the community in sexual assault.

In a report administered by New York State Office of Campus Safety, universities were ranked under the compliance of the “Enough is Enough” legislation, which is a law that was implemented to fight sexual assault. According to the report, Pace ranked under 38.9% of New York universities that were compliant under the law.

In May 2016, Kathy Hochul, New York State Lieutenant Governor visited Pace to talk about sexual assault on college campuses. During her visit, she described that this community is superior in teaching others of these matters. In September 2016, she returned to explain the “Enough is Enough” legislation. In this meeting, she persisted that Pace continues to lead through educating the community and ensuring safety for all.

Recently, Betsy DeVos made a statement towards sexual assault laws on college campuses and its rules that were implemented by the Obama administration. DeVos describes that these rules are not workable or fair for the accused.

Under new administration of the government, President Krislov wants to secure our safety as individuals on campus.

“To that end, Pace will continue to provide professional staff to serve as resources for our campus community,” Krisolv said.” We will also continue to empower our peer educators, students who deliver educational programs on this issue to our campus community.”