Pace Delivers tests new breakfast menu 

The+Pace+Delivers+Team+standing+outside+of+Martin+Hall.+

Pace Delivers

The Pace Delivers Team standing outside of Martin Hall.

Sheena Williams, Contributing Writer

Pace Delivers, the late-night delivery service for food from restaurants, including Chipotle and Buffalo Wild Wings, might be adding breakfast to its beloved delivery service. As of now, the business allows Pace students to have late-night access to food after on-campus food services close for the night.

Jack Needham, Pace Delivers Senior Marketing Manager, explained what prompted the idea of the current phase of the breakfast menu and what to expect in the near future.

“There have always been internal conversations about adding alternative delivery times,” Needham said. “In the past, we have had a lunch delivery time that did not take off as well as expected. Now we feel as if there is a large number of students and faculty that would be interested in getting breakfast from off-campus to the academic buildings.”

Pace Delivers Team

With a lack of success in non-late delivery times, there is the question of if the student body would take advantage of this option and how it might affect Pace Delivers. Needham believes that the breakfast menu will increase the usage of Pace Delivers.

“Successful companies discover problems and solve them,” Needham said. “We believe there is a need for students with morning classes to have better breakfast food available, and we intend to solve that problem. We definitely feel as if the breakfast menu will fill a need and increase the usage of Pace Delivers.”

Needham stated that Pace delivers plans on having a 1-2 week trial run for the breakfast menu during the spring of 2020.

“Our Senior Management team is very confident that this menu will be successful, and we hope to expand it more in the future,” Needham said. “The trial period will play a big role in determining if we want to keep or expand on the breakfast menu.”

Sophomores, Ali Monty and Yenelle Cumberbatch both agree that a breakfast menu would be a great addition to Pace Delivers.

“Ordering the same food at Kessel becomes repetitive and you can get sick of eating the same thing,” Cumberbatch said.

Monty would also appreciate the variety of options, including healthier breakfast choices.

“[The breakfast menu] would also be convenient for people who already spend their own money on food delivery when they order breakfast because of how tired they are of eating the same thing all the time,” Monty said. “It can also be a great way to bring in healthier breakfast options.”

Pace Delivers already has a few restaurants on their mind, although no restaurants have been confirmed yet. Dunkin’, McDonald’s, Babelicious and Rocky’s have been discussed.

“We are always on the search for potential restaurants that would add variety to our service,” Needham said.

According to Needham, Pace Delivers will be updating the students and faculty regarding the breakfast menu through their Instagram, @PaceUDeliver and their app, which can be found on Apple Store and Google Play Story. Special items and giveaways are on the app.

“We hope to see your breakfast orders in the future,” Needham said.