Breaking News: Coronavirus update

As Pace transitions to online classes, here is what you need to know

Pace+launched+a+new+website+with+constant+updates+to+the+active+corona+virus+situation.+

Pace.edu

Pace launched a new website with constant updates to the active corona virus situation.

Christina Bubba, Editor-in-Chief

All Pace University campuses are suspending in-person class meetings starting Wednesday, March 11, according to an email sent from President Krislov and Provost Quinones. As of now, remote learning will continue through March 29 and spring break will continue as usual.

“We know this is a stressful time, and we’re doing everything we can to ensure the safety and security of our community.”

– President Marvin Krislov and Provost Quinones

The resident halls will remain throughout this remote-learning period and spring break. However, all university events scheduled now until March 29 should be canceled, postponed, or moved to a virtual platform. In addition, the Goldstein Fitness Center will be closed to “non-Pace members.”

Important Exceptions

There are no reported cases of the corona virus on Pace campuses at this time and although most classes are set to be held online, there are certain exceptions.

• Certain programs will continue to meet in person and students will be notified if this applies to them.
  • All employees, including student employees and part-time employees, are to report to work and communicate expectations with their supervisors.
  • The shuttle service will still be in operation.
  • Athletics will continue to comply with the NE-10 schedule, but events will be closed to spectators.
  • All research will continue as usual, including animal care.

Travel Notice  

If students or faculty travel to an area of high risk, they should notify the university.

• Students and faculty are advised against traveling to a country designated as a Risk Level 3 by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
  • Note that if students or faculty do travel to a high risk area, they may be asked to participate in the 14-day quarantine or provide documentation of health conditions from a healthcare provider.
  • High risk regions in the U.S. include Washington and California.

Notice: This information is subject to change; check back at pacechronicle.com for updates.