Five Reasons Coffee is a College Must-Have

Happy coffee (Courtesy of Pexels)

Nihal Al Qawasmi, Opinion Editor

Are you kidding? You really don’t know? Well, let me drop some epic knowledge then.

1. It makes you feel powerful.

The slogan “it gives you wings” should be given to coffee, not Redbull. Coffee is quite the delight. It’s strong enough to help you power through a busy day of classes, smooth enough to make you crave a cup, and rich enough to make even hotel coffee taste like a luxury. (Just kidding, hotel coffee will never be good – but you get the picture.)

1. It’s a good standard “meet-up” protocol.

The words “let’s grab coffee” are like music to my ears. Forget the fancy dinners and awkward lunches – coffee grabs are quick, casual, and appropriate enough for networking follow-ups and meetings with professors. Everyone wins.

1. It’s a great way to ease social anxiety

Following from no. 2, having a coffee in hand is a great way to ease your social fears when out in public. Nervous? Take a sip. The conversation went quiet? Take a sip. Are you bored and waiting in public? Take a sip. Bonus: walking with a coffee in hand across campus makes you look like you know what you’re doing. Until you accidentally spill it on yourself due to construction detours and running to class. (True story.)

1. It gets you through midterms and finals week

Who was there with you the whole time during those lonely all-nighters at the library? Your warm cup up of coffee, that’s who. It was always there; ready to help you conquer your college career. And who was there on those early exam mornings and afternoon slumps? Your cup of coffee was.

1. There are so many options for all your crazy college days and moods.

Regulars, dark, hazelnut, pumpkin spice, vanilla, caramel, peppermint – there’s literally a flavor for every personality, every mood, every class, and every meet-up. That way, you’ll never get sick of having the same thing all the time. Plus, you know what they say, “a coffee a day keeps bad grades away.”

Labeling coffee as a must-have would be an understatement. It’s more like a necessity.