It’s Going Down In the CRC

An+inside+look+at+the+CRC.+Photo+courtesy+of+google.+
An inside look at the CRC. Photo courtesy of google.

Josiah Darnell, Opinion Editor

Pace University offers its students several recreational resources, and a lot of time, the students aren’t even aware that they exist. The Computer Resource Center is one of those outlets.

The Computer Resource Center has been around for years, and yet most students have no idea where it is, what it is, and what it’s used for. It’s located in Wilcox Hall on the second floor, with a huge amount of computers ready to be used at the convenience of students.

The Computer Resource Center, or CRC for short, is essentially a larger version of the electronic classroom in Mortola Library. There are a mixture of Macs and PCs in addition to two scanners, a scantron machine, and three black and white printers.

Yes, there are already printers in the Library and computers as well, but one of the number one things people need in life is availability and the CRC offers that. Why worry about if you are going to find an open computer, especially during finals week when the library is packed from top to bottom, when there is a whole computer lab waiting to be used?

These are the type of essentials that students need to take advantage of. Many schools aren’t able to offer their students these types of resources, and yet here we have them. The main complaint about the CRC is that its located in Wilcox and the journey there is too out of the way, but why pass up tools for success just because you have to do a little extra walking?

Commuter students are common customers there because they use the Wilcox parking lot, and because of the classes they’ll have in that area. Resident students have classes in that area as well, yet we still don’t use it as much as we could.

If the opportunity is there for us, why not utilize it? The CRC is open from 8am-10pm from Monday through Thursday, 8am-6pm on Friday, 12pm-6pm on Saturday, and 12pm-6pm on Sunday. The staff there welcome students and are willing to assist them in any way possible.

Students should start using the CRC more because it’s nothing but beneficial to them. It also shows that students appreciate what the University does for them, and that will open up the door to a lot more benefits in the future.

What schools have to offer is a part of the decision making process when it comes to choosing a college- the more students that consume the resources given, the more students will be given, and as a result, more students will choose Pace.