The Best Off-Campus Eateries

The+Pleasantville+Diner+is+one+of+the+many+off-campus+restaurants+where+students+can+satisfy+their+cravings.+
The Pleasantville Diner is one of the many off-campus restaurants where students can satisfy their cravings.

Christina Bubba, Feature Editor

With the Fall semester beginning, and home cooked meals being replaced by late study nights in the library, there are still ways to get a good meal off campus.

The Village of Pleasantville is a mere five-minute drive from campus and has many options for students who need a break from the Kessel Student Center Cafeteria. Many of these options offer student discounts or accept “Flex Dollars.” Whether you need to get off campus, or want to stay in bed and have food delivered to you, there are many options out there.

Wood & Fire

Offering a student discount when a Pace ID is presented, Wood & Fire offers some of the best Italian food in Pleasantville. This classy restaurant with outdoor seating is the perfect place to go to celebrate a good grade or spend a relaxing evening with friends. From their appetizers, including baked clams, to their popular pizza and pasta dishes, to their delicious desserts, Wood & Fire is a great place to get a hearty four course Italian-style meal.

Pleasantville Diner

The Pleasantville Diner may be one of the most popular locations for Pace students to eat; there will not be a time when you go to there without running into fellow classmates. This diner is not only known for its breakfast, but is good for any meal of the day, offering superb breakfast lunch and dinner options. This is also one of the off campus eating options that is covered by Flex Dollars and can also be delivered right to your campus dorm.

Gyro World

Greek cuisine is not offered in the campus’ cafeteria, but Gyro World in Pleasantville has a full Greek menu that accepts Flex Dollars. This family-owned restaurant has great service and reasonable prices for authentic Greek food. The extensive menu ranges from soups, salads, sandwiches, Thalassina, Greek Specials, platters, Classic Dishes, and even desserts.

Little Mumbai Market

Ideal for a date night, this is a quaint eatery with a unique atmosphere. Little Mumbai Market serves French and Indian food with vegetarian options, smoothies and a juice bar. Their menu largely consists of dinner crepes; there is even an option to create your own crepe. They also serve dessert crepes, rice bowls, salad bowls, soups, and entrées. 

Yogolicious  

To satisfy a sweet tooth without having to spend money out of pocket, Yogolicious is a frozen yogurt joint right next to Wood & Fire in Pleasantville and uses Flex Dollars. The topping bar is what makes Yogolicious a hot spot for dessert. Their toppings include, but are not limited to: hot fudge, caramel, fresh fruit, cookie dough, gummies, and chocolate.

So while the Kessel Student Center offers some decent meals—including a variety of healthy ones—students can always go out to town and eat a diverse course of meals.