Sunday’s VMAs

Image courtesy of Larry Busacca/MTV1617/Getty Images for MTV

Avia Anderson, Copy Editor

This past Sunday, MTV had its annual Video Music Awards show. Here were the top five best moments from the show:

1. Rihanna and Drake’s super cute moment: Pop cultures current famous “are they or aren’t they” dating couple, affectionately known as “AubRih”, had the cutest moment towards the end of the show. Rihanna was this year’s recipient of the Michael Jackson video Vanguard award. Drake was the one to give her the award, and during his speech he admitted that she was someone he loved from the age of 22. His speech was so beautiful, I thought he was going to propose on stage (lol). After the speech the two began to embrace and Rihanna went on to give her speech.
  1. Rihanna’s ballad performance: In honor of her receiving the highest honor of the night, Rihanna reformed three times during the night. Her ballad performances was definitely her best vocally and the most hear felt. She preformed “Diamonds”, “Stay”, and “Love On The Brain”.
  1. Kanye’s Speech: For whatever reason MTV decided to give Kanye West four minutes to say and do what he wanted to do, and boy did he ever. In typical Kanye fashion, he took the time to give shout outs to some of his current favorite rappers in the audience, and his ex, Amber Rose, he even mentioned the Taylor Swift situation, and his controversial video “famous”.
  1. Kanye West’s Fade Music Video: two words, BODY GOALS, Teyana Taylor, gave us all life, she was seen in the video dancing in a gym. An important thing to note here is that, Taylor had a baby eight months prior to this. It was just nice seeing a body that was toned and natural.
  1. Beyoncé’s Performance: Of course the number one spot had to be Queen Bey, she performed a medley of her songs from her latest album “Lemonade”. Songs included were “Pray You Catch Me”, “Hold Up”, “Sorry”, and “Formation”.   Leave it to Beyoncé to slay every dance step, while singing live. The most powerful moment came towards the end when her dancers formed the feminism symbol, which is just a testament that girls rule!