Homecoming 2014

Homecoming+2014

Cristina Cuduco, Arts & Entertainment Editor

HOMECOMING KING AND QUEEN

Homecoming King and Queen titles were announced during the intermission of the Step and Stroll competition on Thursday night. After competitive campaigning, seniors John Robb and Helen Yu-Holguin took the wins for King and Queen.

HOMECOMING STEP AND STROLL

Kicking off this year’s Homecoming weekend was the Step and Stroll competition held in Goldstein gym on Thurs Oct. 9. The event featured performances from most of the cultural Greek organizations on campus as well as Pace’s very own step team, the 8-0-8’s.

The organizations represented this year included Alpha Phi Alpha, Lambda Upsilon Lambda, Omega Phi Beta, Sigma Lambda Upsilon, Delta Sigma Theta, and Zeta Phi Beta.

Each team was given the task of performing their own original step or stroll to the tune of three random songs given to them beforehand by Student Development and Campus Activities (SDCA). The final round of the competition involved all competitors strolling to the same mystery song that was assigned the night of the competition.

First place in the stepping portion of the competition went to Delta Sigma Theta, while Alpha Phi Alpha and Sigma Lambda Upsilon took first and second place in the strolling portion, respectively.

Each routine performed in the competition took roughly two weeks to learn, while routines seen off the stage, like those performed by alumni, were older routines passed down to members over many years.

Judges for the competition included Dean of Students Lisa Bardill Moscaritolo, Director of Multicultural Affairs Cornell Craig, North Hall Resident Director Samantha Bassford, Martin Hall Resident Director Tiffany Bermudez, and Student Government Association President John Wrench.

First place teams were each rewarded with checks for $1000, while the second place stroll team took home their own check for $500.

Step and Stroll_

TRIP TO BLAZE

SDCA hosted a trip on Fri, Oct. 10, to The Great Jack O’Lantern Blaze in Croton on Hudson. The exhibit featured over 5000 hand carved and illuminated jack-o’-lanterns in a light show that spread over the grounds of the historic Van Cortland Manor estate.

Blaze_