Pace University Transportation: A Simple Guide

Pace offers shuttle buses that offers transportation for all students. Photo courtesy of https://shakirapaceu.wordpress.com/2016/02/29/pace-shuttle-bus/

Jakub Lewandowski, Feature Writer

According to Google Maps, if you were to walk from Pace University’s Pleasantville campus, to Pace University’s New York City campus, it would take you 11 hours and six minutes. However, as a student at Pace, getting around doesn’t have to be a struggle.

Pace offers a bus that will take you directly to the New York City campus free of charge. If you are interested in catching a ride, you’ll have to reserve a spot by calling Transportation at 914-923-2695 or email them at transdept@pace.edu.  The bus leaves from in front of Wilcox Hall and makes four trips throughout the day Monday through Thursday. On Fridays, the bus makes three trips. Another bus is available for students to take to Pace’s Law school in White Plains. This bus makes three trips Monday through Friday and leaves from Miller and Wilcox Hall.

Another option for getting into New York City or White Plains is to take the Metro-North rail service from Memorial Plaza in Pleasantville.  The train runs throughout the day and late into the night with stops between Pleasantville and Grand Central Station.  Depending on where you want to go, the fare will vary. A one-way Peak ticket to Grand Central will cost you $14 while an Off Peak ticket is $10.75. If you’re going to White Plains, a one-way ticket will cost you $3. Make sure you remember to buy your ticket from one of the machines on the platform. If you have to buy your ticket while on board the train, the price of the ticket goes up. You can find more information on the train schedule and fares at www.mta.info/schedules.

The train station is a 20-minute walk from the Pleasantville campus; however, Transportation also offers a bus service that takes students to and from Memorial Plaza. This bus also makes a couple of stops around the Pleasantville campus. The route looks like this: Memorial Plaza- Townhouses- Miller Hall- Wilcox Hall- Memorial Plaza.  You can catch this bus from early in the morning to late at night. Unlike the New York City and Law School bus schedule, this bus makes more than a couple trips throughout the day. In fact, it picks up at each location every half hour. The bus schedules are all available to look at on Pace’s MyPaceMobile app or online at www.pace.edu/transportation/bus-schedules-shuttle-services. To ensure that you catch your ride, try to arrive at the bus stop at least five minutes before the bus is scheduled to leave.