The Face of Pace: Keyshana Dupuy

Adiba Sikder

Keyshana Dupuy after being crowned homecoming queen.

Adiba Sikder, Editor-in-Chief

When Keyshana Dupuy, a senior and leader at Pace won the title of homecoming queen, students and faculty alike were not surprised because from the moment that Dupuy set foot on this campus, she made it her mission to be a leader.

This mission was inspired by her experience with the Setters Leadership House and services that made her realize the importance of leadership.

“SLH taught me to be proud to call myself a leader,” said Dupuy. “I started having the mentality that we should want to be leaders and surround ourselves with other leaders.”

She believes that SLH helped her become more comfortable at Pace as a freshman because when she walked around campus, she had the other members of SLH as her friends.

She practices being a leader and a strong presence on campus through her constant involvement in organizations on campus.

Dupuy is currently the Vice President of Programming on the SGA Executing Board, Vice President of Presentia Yearbook, the Housing Assistant of Residential Life, a member of the Dining Advisory Board, and a member of the senior committee.

“If there’s anything that I’m interested in, I just try to go for it. All of a sudden, people start asking what don’t you do? When I start something, I like to finish it,” said Dupuy.

Although Dupuy currently has many leadership positions, she isn’t a stranger to the hardships of time management and recalls feeling overwhelmed.

“My sophomore year was overwhelming because I was doing too much back to back and my junior year was a lot because I had a lot going on personally,” said Dupuy.

However, she believes that these experiences made her more serious about time management and helped her to become more organized.

“Sometimes when I feel like I have my hands in too many things at once, in that moment, I tell myself to breathe and I prioritize what I need to do,” said Dupuy.

Academically, Dupuy is currently a Communications major with a double minor in Psychology and Public Relations and is planning on going into the field of event planning and working for a Communications department in the future.

She acknowledges that it may not be the best field to go into, but has an undeniable passion for being involved in the planning and creation of something that can touch several people.

“I really enjoy the whole aspect of event planning,” stated Dupuy. “The overall feeling of making that happen and being able to say I thought of that when someone comes up to you says that they loved the event makes me so happy.”

Since the beginning of the semester, Dupuy has felt bittersweet about graduating and leaving campus because of all the personal and professional connections she’s made.

“I feel like I have become accustomed to mingle with anyone from campus at any point and having genuine fulfillment,” said Dupuy.

Although a part of her feels sad, she knows that the connections she has made at Pace will stay with her forever.