Nu Zeta Phi Hosts “Wings and Things”

Gerald Olvera, Feature Writer

The sounds of smooth trumpets and soul music filled the Butcher Suite on Thursday night as the first ever “Wings and Things” social event was hosted by Nu Zeta Phi.

Dolby surround sound speakers converted the suite into smorgasbord of eclectic sounds. Soul switched to old school music of 90’s rap artist Sir Mix-A lot with a sick blend of Cardi B tickled the walls.

As the largest sorority on the Pleasantville campus, the sisterhood opened up their doors to everyone on November 2nd as a way to have an informal meet and greet into Greek Life.

There was large table with a buffet style platter full of wings and other things like celery and carrots.

The irresistible smell of chicken wings and mozzarella sticks filled the room. Then it was on, there’s really nothing like some food and conversation. Students interested in the sorority got to sit down, eat, and chat with the Nu Zeta Phi members.

November 5th marks for a historical day for this Greek Life organization. Celebrating its 27th year at Pace University, Nu Zeta Phi hosted this event to help students better understand their philanthropy and the drive of their organization, Breast Cancer awareness and research.

“These events progressively put things into perspective,” Nu Zeta Phi Recruitment Chair, Yeni Almanzar said. “It opens opportunities to meet amazing people.”

Providing opportunities for involvement to any young woman who is interested in the sorority experience, is the main purpose for this event. It removes the uncomfortable parameters of initial contact and anxiety.

You want to sit down, snack, and get feel for the environment; this event was all about relaxing and good conversation. Students had the privilege to ask any question about being in the historic chapter in a worry-free atmosphere.

“I got a good vibe when walked here,” Maria Fata, a freshman said. “I met the Recruitment Chair at another event and we connected. I’ve been interested in joining Nu Zeta Phi ever since.”

Some of the main interests were what Greek Life will offer to new members once they are a part of it. Impressively, all of the Nu Zeta Phi members were in attendance to answer any questions.

Members gave testimonials about their experiences within the organization and how alumni are still active throughout the chapter.

“This event can break the ice for many students,” Nu Zeta Phi Philanthropy Chair, Felicia Robcke said. “Joining Greek Life is a hard decision, but they can get a feel for who we are as a sorority and Greek chapter.”