Setters Roundup: A Look At The Last 4 Days

NATALIA ALVAREZ PAGAN, Sports Editor

Fri. Oct. 24: The men’s cross country team competed in the CCSU Mini Meet in New Britain, CT. The first Setter to cross the finish line was freshman Gabriel Navarro who finished the 5k course with a time of 18:30.89.

Volleyball took on Southern New Hampshire but lost 3-0 (18-25, 11-25, 17-25) falling to a 4-16 record. Junior Macey Danker led the team with six kills, along with three blocks and five digs. Freshman Sydney Lecker had five kills, while fellow freshman Colette Clarke tallied up four blocks and two kills.

Soccer kept on rolling with their 2-1 win over Franklin Pierce in a double-overtime showdown. Jillian Ferro stepped up with her game winning goal with eight minutes left in the double over-time, which also put Ferro in a tie for the Setters all-time record for career goals.

Sat. Oct. 25: Volleyball finished off their weekend road trip with a Conference match-up against Franklin Pierce, with the Ravens taking the game 3-0 (25-23, 25-22, 25-17). Pace falls to a 4-17.

Junior Macey Danker led the group with four kills, eight digs, and four blocks. Aly Marchino added a team-high eight digs and five kills while junior Brittani Muller had six blocks. Sara Anastasi recorded another team-high with nine assists.

Football was on the road as they took on Bentley University, falling by a score of 31-0 to put their record at 0-8.

Freshman quarterback Steven Demeo tossed for 123-yards in the air, going 13-of-20 in passing. Kyle Johnson led the Setters with seven receptions for 88 yards, and Jhalen Bien-Aime totaled seven catches for 52 yards. On the defensive side, Tyler Owens and Matthew Corrie totaled nine tackles each.