This Week in Pace Sports 1/31-2/3

Freshman+Iliana+Krasnigi+%28left%29+and+senior+Gabriella+Rubin+%28right%29+were+two+of+nine+scorers+on+the+night+in+the+Setters%27+victory+over+American+International+College.+Photo+Courtesy+of+Pace+U+Athletics.+
Freshman Iliana Krasnigi (left) and senior Gabriella Rubin (right) were two of nine scorers on the night in the Setters' victory over American International College. Photo Courtesy of Pace U Athletics.

Kwadar Ray, Sports Editor

1/31 – Men’s Basketball earned its seventh victory of the season on LGBTQ Pride Hoops Night with a win over American International College (AIC) 66-61. After a tie game at the halftime, the Setters’ offense stepped up with 44 points in the second half. Sophomore forward Peyton Wejnert led the way with 17 points and a career high 13 rebounds.

1/31 – Women’s Basketball rebounded from three consecutive losses to defeat AIC 78-73 at home. After an all-around team effort that featured four scorers posting double-digits, the Setters were fouled endlessly by the Yellow Jackets late in the fourth quarter, but the Setters knocked down their free throws and put the game away.

2/3 – Women’s Basketball was in action again, this time on the road against Dominican College. The Setters came out on top 57-49 in one of their best defensive performance of the season. Sophomore guard Jackie DelliSanti had a team-high 14 points and eight steals against the Chargers. The Setters are now 12-11.

The Men’s and women’s Swimming and Diving teams were not in action this week, but will return for the NE-10 Conference Championships on Feb. 8-11  in Worcester, MA. Freshman sensations Annabel Keppel-Palmer, Sophia Howard, Leigha Kosakowski, Joana Krause Massauger of the women’s team, and Joshua Lozano, Alec Young and Filip Turecky of the men’s team look to set their mark on their first Conference Championships.

Kwadar Ray, Managing Editor

My name is Kwadar Ray and I am a senior digital journalism major at Pace. Since I was 13, I knew I wanted to, and ultimately had to, work in the media...