This Week in Pace Sports 3/23-3/24

Pace+Men%27s+and+Women%27s+lacrosse%2C+Baseball%2C+and+Softball+teams+were+all+in+action+this+week.+Photo+Courtesy+of+Pace+Athletics.+
Pace Men's and Women's lacrosse, Baseball, and Softball teams were all in action this week. Photo Courtesy of Pace Athletics.

Kwadar Ray, Sports Editor

3/23 – Women’s Lacrosse fell on the road, 13-6, to No. 4 Le Moyne. The Setters went down 7-1 early, and could were unable to shorten the deficit against undefeated Le Moyne. The Setters are now 5-2 under first-year head coach Tricia Molfetta. The team will travel to take on Adelphi Wednesday night in hopes to improve its NE-10 record.

3/24 – Men’s Lacrosse improved their record to 4-1 after a masterful defensive effort against Saint Michael’s. The 12-4 victory marked the lowest amount of points the Setters have allowed in a game since 2010. Freshman Joseph Diggle, sophomore Bruno Serace and juniors Kevin Vogelsberg and Peter Bashar all led the Setters with two goals scored. The Setters next matchup will be Wednesday night against Adelphi at Pace Stadium.

3/24 – Baseball won a pair of games, 1-0 and 4-2, last Saturday against Southern New Hampshire University. The Setters’ experienced pitching arms led the way for both victories. Junior Dan Wirchansky tossed a shutout in Game 1, and seniors Ryan Aquino, Kyle Cashman and Jake Amoroso pitched the Setters to a second victory. The baseball team is now 7-4-1, and 6-0 at home.

3/24 – The Softball team, which opened its new field on Mar. 20, split games against Saint Michael’s College. The first contest saw the Setters fall 2-1 in a combative contest. The team bounced back the next game with a 5-1 victory, which saw the Setters register their highest hit total of the season with 13. The Softball team is now 2-8.

Kwadar Ray, Managing Editor

My name is Kwadar Ray and I am a senior digital journalism major at Pace. Since I was 13, I knew I wanted to, and ultimately had to, work in the media field. I started off wanting to give my own opinion, but now I have a deep dedication for telling other people’s stories. I began my stint at The Pace Chronicle as the sports editor, where I wrote a variety of stories on nearly every sport on campus. Now, I am the Managing Editor and hoping to provide more fun and important content to this news outlet that I love so much.