Bored on Campus?

The catch phrase around cam- pus seems to be “There’s nothing to do around here.”

Many students at Pace agree that there isn’t sufficient enter- tainment for residents; at the same time many disagree.

Most major universities, and even small colleges, host several campus events and programs to provide students with opportunity for involvement.

Some schools have solid ath- letic programs that encourage students to rally behind them and others have sporadic concerts throughout the year.

It seems that Pace has stepped away from events like these, aim- ing for geared towards smaller events that are largely ignored.

According to a survey, 52 per- cent of Pace students would say

on Campus?

page10image12112 page10image12280

that there is lack of entertainment on campus. The other 48 percent disagreed with this idea.

“I think people know about events, they’re just to lazy to go to them,” junior political science major Kevin Bencosme said.

With this attitude in mind, Pace is presented with the new problem of encouraging students to get involved. Pace isn’t go- ing to be able to make people go events, but they can make them more aware.

In the same survey, over two- thirds of students believed that students were simply unaware of the events going on.

“If you walk into Kessel on any given day, you have dozens of flyers for different meetings and other events but the chances of you actually looking at them, let alone going to event is slim to none,” senior business major Steve Druan said

A few years ago, Pace created

the “Flush Flash,” a brief sum- mary of weekly events in the form of a calendar that would be posted in bathrooms in order to eliminate this issue of indifference.

Other groups have taken ad- vantage of social media in order to tell students about upcoming events and meetings.

Student Development and Campus Activities (SDCA) re- cently launched a Twitter account to keep students informed of events.

The Twitter account provides updates whenever activities are taking place on campus, and also provides links for students to reg- ister and sign up for future events.

Students who are unaware of campus activities are encouraged to visit the SDCA page on the Pace University, follow SDCA_PLV on Twitter, or check their e-mails for weekly programming updates.