Our Lady of 121st Street Cast
Pace University's Spring Play: Our Lady of 121st Street

Pace University’s spring play, Stephen Adly Guirgis’ Our Lady of 121st Street, premiered this past week at Arc Stages right here in Pleasantville....

Response to BIPOC Mentors Unpaid Since Fall
Response to "BIPOC Mentors Unpaid Since Fall"
Pace Chronicle Staff April 12, 2024

We thank Dr. Stephanie Akunvabey, Ms. Nila Bhaumik, and Ms. Susan Donahue for taking the article, posted on March 15th, 2024, into consideration...

Graduate Attacker Sydney Juvelier(#14) leaps in celebration with teammates Nikki Mottes(#28) and Lindsay Radmann(#23) vs Adelphi University on April 10, 2024(pacewlax/IG)
#1 WLAX Overcomes #3 Adelphi in Road Test

GARDEN CITY, N.Y.-  Another top-5 matchup went to the Setters. Pace Women's Lacrosse defeated the Adelphi University Panthers 12-11 on the road....

Artist Spotlight: Mackenzie Ferguson

Artist Spotlight: Mackenzie Ferguson

Wherever a student may be in Kessel Student Center, there is a good chance that sophomore criminal justice major Mackenzie Ferguson is providing the soundtrack to conversation. The piano-playing prodigy is starting to gain quite the reputation around campus as the go-to-gal for easy listening.

Ferguson has been playing piano since she was six years old and has been performing ever since. She has also participated in the New York State School Associations for levels four, five and six.

“It started when my grandfather had an organ and whenever I’d go to visit him I would just start pounding on the keys and eventually he gave me the organ,” Ferguson said.

Regardless of the fact that she wants to go into law at some point, she is trying to hold on to her talent.

“Even though I’m not going to be playing for a living it is still very much a part of my life,” Ferguson said.

Apparently Ferguson’s abilities have also gotten her some side jobs working as a piano teacher in her hometown of Danbury, Connecticut. Her job carried over by chance to the Pace commuter lounge.

“Normally I’m a paid piano instructor but I don’t charge people when I’m at Pace because I just enjoy doing it,” Ferguson said.

Ferguson’s talent is not taken for granted by her musically enthused, Pace students.

“Mackie’s a really great instructor, she explains things incredibly well and she even brings her own sheet music so it’s convenient.” Sophomore Computer Science major Xavier Carlson said.

All areas of music from Dubstep to Rap, and many composers such as Beethoven and Bach have been equally influential in the ever-improving artist’s career.

“I think every great composer has different aspects that you admire about them, so I take pieces from all of them when I try to play a song,” Ferguson said.

While music may not be the chosen career path for Ferguson, she is confident that it will always be an important part of her future endeavors.