Photo Courtesy of Pace Athletics.
Softball Sweeps Doubleheader vs Georgian Court
Dylan Brown, Managing Editor • March 20, 2024

LAKEWOOD, N.J.- Pace picked up two road wins versus Georgian Court University yesterday afternoon. Game 1 went Pace's way with a final score...

Front of Miller Hall. Photo Courtesy of webpage.pace.edu
President Krislov on Campus Involvement and School-Town Relations
Dylan Brown, Managing Editor • March 18, 2024

This article is on the topic of on-campus involvement and school/town relations. For the article about academics, the article about student life,...

Outside of the Office of SGA
Diaz And Tracey Wins 2024 SGA Election
Pace Chronicle StaffMarch 15, 2024

Incumbent President Nick Diaz and Vice President Paris Tracey have won reelection to their respective offices in the Student Government Association....

Super Bowl Sunday, Pace Students React

The Super Bowl, one of Amer­ica’s longest standing cultural events, a day that’s usually never associated with watching your fa­vorite team shiver while standing on the sidelines. This year’s Super Bowl marked the first time the iconic game was held in the arctic tundra otherwise known as New Jersey.

“I’ve lived in New Jersey my whole life, so dealing with this kind of weather is second nature to me, I’ve been to games that were a lot colder than this one,” senior ac­counting major Chris Stuart said.

Having the big game so close to campus, some students have been lucky enough to score tick­ets.

“My family kept checking ticket prices to see if they would go down at all, they found two at $1,800 a seat and they grabbed them, an hour later the same tick­ets went up another $1,000,” Stu­art said.

As a die-hard Broncos fan, Stuart was not only lucky to have his team make the Super Bowl, but also to happen to live less than a half hour away from the stadium.

“It’s been pretty crazy around here recently, the traffic has defi­nitely gotten a lot worse, the malls are packed and when I was in the city the Friday before the game NFL fans of all kinds were every­where,” Stuart said.

Fortunately, Northern New Jersey and New York is home to some of the most efficient mass transportation in the country, mak­ing it easier for fans to travel to and from the game safely.

“It’s going to be insane trying to get down there on game day, but I know we’ll be prepared,” Stuart said.

For the rest of us who didn’t make the trek, the typical Super Bowl Sunday festivities ensued: commercials, beer, friends, wings, and some good old fashion foot­ball.

“We borrowed a huge TV so we can watch it at our house, it won’t be anything too crazy, but we’re going to have a great time,” senior information technologies major Matthew Oelsner said.

“I don’t really watch a lot of football, but everything surround­ing the Super Bowl is a lot of fun, it’s an excuse to get together with friends,” junior business major Pe­ter Russo said.

Everyone has their own rea­sons for watching the game, for some it came be as simple as watching the half time show.

“I was upset I couldn’t get tick­ets for the Red Hot Chili Pepper’s concert at the Barclay Stadium the night before the game, so I guess seeing them at the half time show is a good substitute,” senior mar­keting major Steve Druan said.

The final score of the Super Bowl XLVIII was 43-8, with a vic­tory for the Seattle Seahawks.