Photo Courtesy of Pace Athletics.
Softball Sweeps Doubleheader vs Georgian Court
Dylan Brown, Managing Editor • March 20, 2024

LAKEWOOD, N.J.- Pace picked up two road wins versus Georgian Court University yesterday afternoon. Game 1 went Pace's way with a final score...

Front of Miller Hall. Photo Courtesy of webpage.pace.edu
President Krislov on Campus Involvement and School-Town Relations
Dylan Brown, Managing Editor • March 18, 2024

This article is on the topic of on-campus involvement and school/town relations. For the article about academics, the article about student life,...

Outside of the Office of SGA
Diaz And Tracey Wins 2024 SGA Election
Pace Chronicle StaffMarch 15, 2024

Incumbent President Nick Diaz and Vice President Paris Tracey have won reelection to their respective offices in the Student Government Association....

Re: Officer Admits to Fabricated Report of DJ’s Death

Re: Officer Admits to Fabricated Report of DJs Death

To The Editor:

At the time DJ was killed, a number of us in the Pace community were upset that there was not a public statement or condemnation from the university about the fact one of our students was SHOT by a local police officer.  We were told to keep calm and that we were to maintain good relations with the local police department.

Well, apparently that feeling was not shared.

The police constructed a vile cover-up and, at the time, actually gave the offending officer an award for being injured in the line of duty. Again, no condemnation from the University.

Now is the time.  Justice demands a formal letter of condemnation of the police department and a demand for the removal of the officer from the force.  I have no particular vendetta against police.  My father was a cop.  I have no vendetta against the Pleasantville or Mt. Pleasant police.  I have relatives living in Pleasantville.

I personally did not know DJ.  But I did know a number of students who were with him when he was killed.  They felt invalidated by the university and the media circus that ensued. I and most of my colleagues happen to be quite fond of our students here. We want to make sure they have a safe and productive experience at Pace.  Parents should celebrate at their graduations.  Not mourn at their funeral.

We should all formally request that the university take action and demand the removal of the offending officer from the force.

Dr. Marie Werner

Sociology