Fall Music Preview

Photo From Prettymuchamazing.com Is there a new album that you’ve been enjoying? Tell us about it at pacechronicle.com/submissions.

This fall is packed with of artists making comebacks and leaves plenty of room for new comers. Studying jams and party anthems litter the upcom- ing months, so let’s take a look at who is the most anticipated.

Drake, Nothing Was the Same: After “Take Care” won a Grammy for best rap al- bum, Canadian rapper Drake al- ready announced the follow up Nothing Was the Same and set it for release later in the year. The two songs that have been released thus far are “Hold On We’re Go- ing Home” and the winter jam “Started From the Bottom”. From what we can tell, Drake is in a new state of mind. Instead be- ing hung up on women and his loves from the past, he’s headed towards an attitude focused on success and taking time to appre- ciate the spoils of his accomplish- ments. Nothing Was the Same drops Sep. 24.

Arcade Fire, Reflektor: Indie rockers Arcade Fire are set to release Reflektor, their first al- bum in 3 years. Producer James Murphy described the new album as “pretty f****** epic.” Murphy is known for basically putting dance funk/electronic funk back on the map, so we might get to hear a side of Arcade Fire we’ve never seen before.The critically acclaimed album The Suburbs set a new standard for the band which brought the whole big band as- pect of indie rock to a much more mainstream level. Reflektor will be released Oct. 29.

Miley Cyrus, Bangerz: Miley seems to be one of the only things the media is talking about in recent weeks, and it looks like that’s not changing anytime soon. Miley’s new album Bangerz completely reinvents her im- age. After her controversial Vide Music Awards (VMAs) perfor- mance, Miley was quoted say- ing, “I wanted to make history,” although who knows what will be said about the new album. Miley reported that she has been work- ing with Pharrell Williams, Mac Miller, and many others on the new album which is supposed to be a hybrid of hip-hop and coun- try. Bangerz is set for release Oct. 4.

Lady Gaga, ARTPOP: Mama monster is returning this fall with ARTPOP. After postpon- ing its release and canceling an entire tour last year due to injury, ARTPOP sounds like it might make up for lost time. European artists Zedd and Madeon are two of the main backbones of the re- cord, so we can assume they are responsible for the beats. Gaga stated, “ARTPOP is my first real album,” and that it emulates a “phoenix rising from the ashes.” ARTPOP is set for release Nov.11.

Janelle Monáe, The Electric Lady: 2013 gave way to many fresh faces, among them; Janelle Monáe is definitely one of the most memorable. Monáe brings a fresh approach to R&B and soul that anyone could enjoy. Even though she’s somewhat new to the scene, she has already re- ceived help from top tier musi- cians. According to the track list- ing Prince, Esperanza Spalding, Miguel, Solange, and Eryka Badu are all featured throughout the album. Prince doesn’t just col- laborate with anybody, so the fact that he did speaks volumes of his appreciation for her music. The Electric Lady comes out Sep. 10.

Eminem, The Marshall Mathers LP 2: Slim Shady, Mar- shall Mathers, or whatever you prefer to call him, has been quite busy preparing The Marshall Mathers LP 2. This will be his first album since Recovery back in 2010. We can already expect quite a bit from the release, with Eminem reportedly working with Dr. Dre, No I.D, 50 Cent and Rick Rubin. We heard the first track “Berzerk” a few weeks ago and it held many similarities to the sound of Beastie Boys. This surely comes from the fact that he’s working with the Beastie Boys’ long time producer Rick Rubin. But besides this, we don’t really know what to expect from the new album, but he did say that he was headed more towards his roots with some songs. The Mar- shall Mathers LP 2 comes outNov. 5.