DNCE Makes Pace Dance

DNCE takes the stage. Photo by Emily Bresnahan

Emily Bresnahan, Feature Writer

Pleasantville students made their way to New York City for the annual homecoming concert, now called “Setter Jam!” 30 tickets were offered to the students on our campus, and they sold out in less than a day, and although transportation to the city was not provided this year, the headliner, DNCE was enough to get students there.

The band, with lead singer Joe Jonas, got the crowd going wild when they approached the stage. Girls screamed, cameras were in the air, and the crowd danced to their pop-rock beats. But before DNCE took the stage, Playboi Cardi got the crowd ready for an exciting night. With his hits such as “Woke Up Like This” and “Magnolia,” students sang along before DNCE took over the stage.

Although it can be hard to make your way to the NYC campus, Maria Angulo, a sophomore education major, noted that she didn’t want to miss this event. “How often do you get to see your favorite band for such a low price? It was so worth the two hour shuttle ride!”

Waiting around the campus after the show, Angulo even had the chance to see lead singer Joe Jonas and drummer Jake Lawless leave the building, and take a few photos with Pace students. “We’re lucky to be able to participate in both a traditional homecoming and something more crazy in NYC,” said Angulo. “The concert is a great way to merge both campuses together.”

The two campuses do not often hold events together, but the annual concert is a way to meet people from both campuses and to interact in a unique and fun way. Having the winner of MTV’s Music Video Awards “Best New Artist” come to your school is an  exciting opportunity, and Pleasantville students did not want to miss out. Freshman Brianna Adkins, even went to the concert by herself. “I’m glad I decided to travel into the city for the concert, because I got to meet Joe Jonas afterwards,” she said. “DNCE was by far the most interactive band I’ve ever watched at a concert!”

For Pace University , another homecoming concert is over, but for many of our Pleasantville students, the memories will last a lifetime!