Dean Carpenter Leaves Pace University after 12 Years

Sequoia Cumming, Senior Reporter

Dean Rachel Carpenter announced in an email to Pace faculty and staff on Friday that she will be leaving the university after nearly 12 years of service. Dean Carpenter has accepted a position as Vice President for Student Affairs & Dean of Students at the University of Evansville.

Dean Carpenter graduated from Evansville with her bachelor’s and master’s degrees in 2003 and 2009. As a student, she served in various student-oriented roles on campus. While at Pace, she has been working toward her Doctor of Professional Studies in business and is expected to graduate this month.

Her last day with the Pace Setters will be Friday, April 29, 2022. While at Pace, Dean Carpenter has had many positions including Director of Student Engagement, Assistant Dean for Assessment & Planning, Interim Dean for Students, Interim AVP/Dean for Students, and Interim University Dean for Students for both the NYC and Pleasantville campuses.

“The students at Pace have taught me the importance of genuinely sharing my story with them so they see me as my authentic self. They have also taught me how vital it is to act upon diversity, equity, and inclusion for the success of all of our students,” writes Carpenter. “This has reaffirmed my commitment to teaching others about identity development and supporting college student development in ways that respect and acknowledge the differences across all of our students.”

She closes with, “Once a Pace Setter, always a Pace Setter.”