Our Lady of 121st Street Cast
Pace University's Spring Play: Our Lady of 121st Street

Pace University’s spring play, Stephen Adly Guirgis’ Our Lady of 121st Street, premiered this past week at Arc Stages right here in Pleasantville....

Response to BIPOC Mentors Unpaid Since Fall
Response to "BIPOC Mentors Unpaid Since Fall"
Pace Chronicle StaffApril 12, 2024

We thank Dr. Stephanie Akunvabey, Ms. Nila Bhaumik, and Ms. Susan Donahue for taking the article, posted on March 15th, 2024, into consideration...

Graduate Attacker Sydney Juvelier(#14) leaps in celebration with teammates Nikki Mottes(#28) and Lindsay Radmann(#23) vs Adelphi University on April 10, 2024(pacewlax/IG)
#1 WLAX Overcomes #3 Adelphi in Road Test

GARDEN CITY, N.Y.-  Another top-5 matchup went to the Setters. Pace Women's Lacrosse defeated the Adelphi University Panthers 12-11 on the road....

Meet the Greeks: Tau Kappa Epsilon (TKE)

Chances are before you finish reading this sentence you’ve already decided what you think about Tau Kappa Epsilon (TKE). They’re easily recognized on campus, although you probably haven’t seen them in any mandated events or administration-encouraged gatherings. They are a group of men who care about each other and everything else comes second. They’re not concerned if you can’t see the appeal of their organization.

“Looking from the outside in, it looks like havoc, but once you’re on the inside, you’ll never be able to explain it,” said senior media and communications major Matthew Maiorano, the current President of TKE.

Havoc describes what most students perceive being a part of TKE is. The organization is known to be outspoken against University rules but tries to stay well-liked by fellow Greek Life.

“We have an extremely good reputation and an extremely bad reputation,” said Maiorano.

On the good side, TKE is very sociable with other fraternities and sororities. Their connections with other fraternities allowed senior business management major and member of TKE, Richard Aponte, to become the President of Pace’s Interfraternity Conference (IFC). IFC is the self-governing board of five different organizations, the President of IFC acts as the unifying voice for all five fraternities.

TKE frequently co-sponsors events with sororities such as a kickball event with Phi Sigma Sigma or sending out roses on Valentine’s Day with Alpha Lambda Sigma. In terms of other Greek Life, TKE maintains friendly relationships with most organizations on campus.

On the other hand, TKE is also known for vocalizing their discontent with University standards and rules, sometimes going so far to ignore mandatory events that they deem unnecessary. Most recently, an officer retreat was held for all organizations on campus. The goal of the event was to increase the ability of various officers in different organizations, but members of TKE didn’t find the workshops very helpful and left before the program was completed.

“We’re very stubborn,” said Maiorano, who didn’t believe he needed assistance with his position. Members of TKE are aware of their stubbornness, but they feel it contributes to an attitude that all TKE brothers have that make them immediately identifiable.

“We make ourselves known, we don’t have to wear letters for people to know we’re in TKE,” said Aponte. This attitude is one asset that contributes to how the organization recognizes potential in students who are interested in joining.

TKE currently has eight active members, seven of which are seniors, but they believe selecting quality over quantity for their members. Despite their reputation as the crazy fraternity, TKE looks for people who want to contribute to an organization and not just party all the time. The organization prides itself on lower numbers in exchange for a tighter bond with each individual. Loyalty and trust are very important in TKE.

“I like that whatever happens, if I’m wrong or if I’m right, there will be someone who has my back,” said Maiorano. “It’s nice to live without fear. Just live comfortable and that’s exactly how I feel.”

Maiorano and Aponte both agree the family aspect is what makes TKE different from other fraternities on campus and hope that everyone sees that side of their organization as well.

“Some people think we’re the jerks but on the inside, it’s all love,” said Aponte.