Photo Courtesy of Pace Athletics.
Softball Sweeps Doubleheader vs Georgian Court
Dylan Brown, Managing Editor • March 20, 2024

LAKEWOOD, N.J.- Pace picked up two road wins versus Georgian Court University yesterday afternoon. Game 1 went Pace's way with a final score...

Front of Miller Hall. Photo Courtesy of webpage.pace.edu
President Krislov on Campus Involvement and School-Town Relations
Dylan Brown, Managing Editor • March 18, 2024

This article is on the topic of on-campus involvement and school/town relations. For the article about academics, the article about student life,...

Outside of the Office of SGA
Diaz And Tracey Wins 2024 SGA Election
Pace Chronicle StaffMarch 15, 2024

Incumbent President Nick Diaz and Vice President Paris Tracey have won reelection to their respective offices in the Student Government Association....

Meet the Greeks: Alpha Chi Epsilon

Meet the Greeks: Alpha Chi Epsilon

The brothers of Alpha Chi Epsilon are not ignorant of their reputation on campus. Like other social fraternities on campus, AXE has been criticized for lacking contributions to the campus and simply existing just to exist. How AXE differs from other organizations is that they’re actively trying to change that perception.

“We’ve had a couple of rough semesters so we’re trying to get back into it,” said junior accounting major and vice president of Alpha Chi Epsilon, Chris Arnold.

A year ago, AXE had dwindling numbers due to graduating seniors and transfers. The organization pursued recruiting larger numbers and ended up pledging first-semester freshmen, which is against Pace University policy. This past semester, AXE admitted to the violation of University conduct and was met with reprimands including community service and a probation from recruiting new members for a set period of time. The organization isn’t happy about their past, but the efforts have paid off and rejuvenated the spirits of the members.

“We’re trying to get us back on track in the school’s eyes. We might not be the hardest working people but we want to get back on track with community service, philanthropy events and getting a better name for ourselves,” said Arnold.

So far the comeback tour has been successful. This past semester, each member of AXE logged 20 hours of community service, including Pace Makes a Difference Day. One of the community service events involved the organization going to a nearby nursing home and helping senior citizens. The members enjoyed the trip so much that they intend to make it into a reoccurring philanthropic service and hope to involve the rest of the Pace campus as well.

AXE has also been expanding the number of events they hold per semester. Earlier this semester they presented the “wall of expression,” a makeshift wall where students could spray paint anything they wanted and express themselves. The event took place on 9/11 this year which led to some more heartfelt expressions than expected. This semester’s wall of expression was displayed on Miller Lawn for a short period of time but now hails in the fraternity’s townhouse. They intend to repeat the event again next semester.

In addition to the wall of expression, the organization wants to expand to other event ideas that have not been explored yet. These include a pancake eating contest, where the profits go to philanthropy, and an inflatable jousting arena on Miller lawn.

These endeavors require a level of investment that AXE requires from its new members. Arnold believes that AXE wants to recruit good people, but thinks that students who are interested should show how they can help.

“We look for people who want to be a part of something bigger than the Pace campus. People who want to do things and get involved,” said Arnold.

AXE’s members typically stay in touch with the active chapter even after they graduate. Arnold says there are 2-3 alumni who are actively involved on a daily basis and some other members who have left Pace are still around to contribute. On one occasion, an alumnus helped coordinate the organization to attend a 5K walk for Make a Wish Foundation, they ended up raising over $600 dollars.

The alumni, members and Arnold all want to turn around the perception of what AXE was to what they are now. Despite being a local fraternity, Alpha Chi Epsilon started Greek Life at Pace Pleasantville in 1982, according to Arnold. Before them, there were no Greeks at Pace. The organization hopes to return to that ideal and lead by example of how a fraternity should be.

“I think this semester we’ve turned a new leaf and it’s all going to be up hill from here,” said Arnold.