Setters advance to NCAA Quarterfinals
Dylan Brown, Managing Editor • May 16, 2024

Pace is one step closer to repeating. The Setters defeated the Bentley University Falcons today, 17-10 to advance. Initially offense-filled,...

On field celebrations begin at Northwell Stadium following Pace WLAXs NE-10 Championship game victory on May 11, 2024 (pacewlax and paceuathletics/IG)
Pace WLAX Win NE-10 Title, Hosts NCAA East Regional
Dylan Brown, Managing Editor • May 14, 2024

The title defense marches on for the Setters. Pace Women's Lacrosse defeated Adelphi University 16-14 last Saturday to win the Northeast-10 Championship....

Challengers (2024) official poster
Challengers Review
Evan MahannaMay 10, 2024

Challengers, directed by Luca Guadagnino, is a new romantic sports drama that brings a fresh approach to both genres. It’s a tale of a toxic...

Career Services: Bringing Students & Employers Together

Graduation is a vital time in one’s life, but can also be chal- lenging when students must face the workforce and attempt success in their career. Although daunting at first, students have an aid to as- sist them in their journey to suc- cess; Office of Career Services.

Each semester, Career Ser- vices hosts various programs and information sessions to prepare students for internships, careers, and life after graduation. One event in particular, the Internship & Job Fair, is held four times dur- ing the year (once each semester on each campus) and is an outlet for students to have face-to-face interaction with more than 100 employers. This is one the largest events with hundreds of student attendees, including undergradu- ates, graduates, and alumni.

“It’s important for students to do their due diligence,” Angelina Bassano, Director of Career Ser- vices said. “Do your research for each company and positions that are open, come prepared with questions, bring a lot of resumes, and come dressed as if you were attending an interview.”

But there’s more to the ca- reer fair than the average resume.

Since students are able to engage in direct conversation, they build an important relationship that sets them apart from other students. For most students, asking simple questions about the organization or positions available may be the norm, but Ms. Bassano stated that the 30 second pitch is extremely important.

“You want to master the 30 second pitch so that you can say something interesting about your- self,” Bassano said.

Mentioning your major and recent experience in the field, and relating to the position in question are just a few things to include. By explaining briefly what you‘ve done in recent positions, students give the employer more insight to their work ethic and personality without looking at a resume. It an- swers the questions of “Can you tell me about yourself?” or “What makes you stand out?”

“I’ve had two internships and when people hear what positions I’ve held, that’s what really makes the connection,” junior commu- nication major Samantha Clarke said.

No matter how much students may think that the extra connec- tion is not needed, Career Servic- es recommends visiting regard- less. The services they offer are for all majors.

But this is only a fraction of what Career Services offers stu-

dents. There are also other events, such as employer information ses- sions that occur throughout the year.

These sessions include work- shops with Morgan & Stanley, as well as ESPN, which will be taking place this November and throughout the year.

Students can also meet with a career counselor to talk about their major (actual or intended), goals, and ambitions. They will also create a resume, work on in- terviewing techniques, and attend job search “boot camps,” which prepare graduating seniors and alumni for the job search ahead.

In order to fulfill the requests of all students, Career Services does offer other events for students in- terested in criminal justice, envi- ronmental studies, etc. Students are able to meet with employers in their field at the semi-annual fairs as well. It is also encouraged for students to reach out to Career Services with inquiries related to their field of study for the most ac- curate information about upcom- ing events. However, regardless of a student’s desired field, Career Services aims to make Pace stu- dents have a rewarding college experience.

For more information or to keep updated with upcoming events, visit their website or call (914) 773-3361.