Setters advance to NCAA Quarterfinals
Dylan Brown, Managing Editor • May 16, 2024

Pace is one step closer to repeating. The Setters defeated the Bentley University Falcons today, 17-10 to advance. Initially offense-filled,...

On field celebrations begin at Northwell Stadium following Pace WLAXs NE-10 Championship game victory on May 11, 2024 (pacewlax and paceuathletics/IG)
Pace WLAX Win NE-10 Title, Hosts NCAA East Regional
Dylan Brown, Managing Editor • May 14, 2024

The title defense marches on for the Setters. Pace Women's Lacrosse defeated Adelphi University 16-14 last Saturday to win the Northeast-10 Championship....

Challengers (2024) official poster
Challengers Review
Evan MahannaMay 10, 2024

Challengers, directed by Luca Guadagnino, is a new romantic sports drama that brings a fresh approach to both genres. It’s a tale of a toxic...

PACE CLOSES MAJOR PARKING LOT Master Plan Construction Begins

As of Oct. 5, Lot K, the park- ing area near the Goldstein Fit- ness Center and Martin Hall, has been officially closed in order for Master Plan construction to begin.

With the closing of Lot K, many students think there will be

limited parking.
According to Dean for Stu-

dents, Lisa Bardill Moscaritolo, this endeavor is the beginning of a new advancement for the Pace community.

“Lot K’s closing has been ad- vertised for the past two years,” Moscaritolo said. “We’ve had so many meetings with the Student Government Association [and community meetings] with up-

dates about the closing.” However, meetings may not

necessarily the best way to attri- bute information to students. It wasn’t until the Fall Leadership Training held on Sept. 27, that stu- dents really took a hit from the be- ginning of the anticipated break- ing ground of the Master Plan.

“I’m not fond of it,” senior communications major Rachael McMahon said. “I don’t think this

is a great time since it’s almost the middle of the semester; it’s one more added concern.”

Unfortunately, due to a delay in paperwork, construction is al- ready about six weeks late. The delay has enabled students to pre- pare for the transition, but it is just now sinking in. When looking at the plan, students will be advised that there are about 2,100 parking spaces across campus; there is not

a parking problem, only a walking problem.

Students are continuously voicing concerns about having to walk around the campus, with concerns from weather changes to carrying hefty materials, such as equipment bags (academic and

athletic), books, and materials for student events, only so much can be said until the actual construc- tion begins.

McMahon isn’t the only stu- dent to address this concern. Fac- ulty and staff are also affected by this change. It has been said by members of the Pace community that the time in which this phase is being executed is inconvenient.

“This is an essential park- ing area, and with homecoming so close, it’s not the best time to begin construction,” senior com- munications major Vincent Melita said. “I have no problems with the master plan; in fact, I think it’s a great idea to upgrade our campus. Unfortunately, the execution of it just doesn’t seem professional.”

Director of Security Vincent Beatty, along with Dean of Stu- dents Lisa Bardill Moscaritolo and Director of Residential Life Debbie Levesque, met with resi- dents of Martin Hall on Oct. 3 to discuss the upcoming closing.

Many students attended this meeting and asked questions that have been circulating, such as parking alternatives and what that means for students within the next year.

The plan is to have Resident Hall A structured by the fall of 2015, along with the environmen- tal center relocated behind Paton Hall, two areas directly across from Martin Hall.

The roads will not be closed, however, construction is said to begin at 7 a.m. and finish no later than 3 p.m., Monday through Fri- day.

It was mentioned that there are enough parking spaces to accom- modate students and faculty, if used accordingly.

“I think the master plan is a great idea,” senior environmental studies major Christiaan van Zy said. “Consolidating the campus will lessen the number of shuttles and create a walking environment for students. Everyone has to deal with a little inconvenience for the betterment of the institution. As Dean Lisa said, it will only strengthen our degree later on.”

With the Master Plan continu- ing until 2016, students are en- couraged to plan ahead. There is much to be improved on, much more than what is being processed right now.

Plans for breaking ground are set for Oct. 23, and continuous updates will be made available to students.

Students can utilize the Pace Mobile App for updates while construction progresses, as well as for any changes that may occur due to weather, etc.

For more information on the Master Plan, please visit: www. paceplvmasterplan.com.