Setters advance to NCAA Quarterfinals
Dylan Brown, Managing Editor • May 16, 2024

Pace is one step closer to repeating. The Setters defeated the Bentley University Falcons today, 17-10 to advance. Initially offense-filled,...

On field celebrations begin at Northwell Stadium following Pace WLAXs NE-10 Championship game victory on May 11, 2024 (pacewlax and paceuathletics/IG)
Pace WLAX Win NE-10 Title, Hosts NCAA East Regional
Dylan Brown, Managing Editor • May 14, 2024

The title defense marches on for the Setters. Pace Women's Lacrosse defeated Adelphi University 16-14 last Saturday to win the Northeast-10 Championship....

Challengers (2024) official poster
Challengers Review
Evan MahannaMay 10, 2024

Challengers, directed by Luca Guadagnino, is a new romantic sports drama that brings a fresh approach to both genres. It’s a tale of a toxic...

Pleasantville Gym Reaches Out To Students

Screen shot 2013-10-16 at 1.05.27 AM

Having a place to go at any hour of the day isn’t as easy as it seems. During the day, Mortola Library, Kessel Student Center, and the Goldstein Fitness Center are prime locations. However, a student may find need to relieve stress from homework at 4 a.m.

Anytime Fitness manager Anthony DiFroscia, recognized a local need for a round-the-clock, affordable fitness facility.This past July, the town of Pleasantville welcomed a 24- hour community gym, Anytime Fitness. Located in the center of Pleasantville next to ColdStone Creamery, students can benefit from its accessibility, as well as its safe and comfortable environment to work out or just unwind from the daily stress of academics.

“We noticed that there was not a local gym,” DiFroscia said. “The gyms such as Club Fit are too expensive, crowded, or too far. Anytime Fitness is the fastest growing 24 hour gym, and we like them. We wanted a place one where everyone can walk to.”

Though students are able to go to the Goldstein gym, they can also now enjoy time away from the crowds at all times of day. Not only is the location easy to get to, but there are also amenities that students will find fairly interesting, such as Wi-Fi on your treadmill.

Anytime Fitness offers a clean facility with various machines, locker rooms, showers, towel service, etc.

Although the quality is just as nice as Goldstein’s, it seems that Anytime has already attracted some students with their promotions.

“We do have promotions and other incentives, such as contests,” DiFroscia said.

Some of the promotions offered include a popular referral program, a program where one can join the club with a buddy, and a free consultation with a personal trainer.

“We wanted a place for people to be excited and happy to come to,” DiFroscia said. “It’s really nice that the entire day is open for members and there is never a large number of people. This gives everyone time to really focus on themselves without feeling overwhelmed.”

Students and community members both receive equal benefits of the 24 hour fitness center.

“Having the gym is a great asset not only for Pace, but for the community,” said a Goldstein Fitness Center employee who chose to remain nameless. “There are perks to being at Goldstein, however, speaking with the staff at Anytime Fitness makes me want to join. I went on a tour of the facility, and yes it is small and intimate, but that’s what makes it unique. You don’t have the worry about seeing athletes and feel less of yourself; you’re able to feel like a person and be confident in your own skin.”

Manager Anthony DiFroscia is at the gym each day and is waiting to hear from Pace students. Anyone looking for more information can contact Anytime Fitness at (914) 606-1368