On field celebrations begin at Northwell Stadium following Pace WLAXs NE-10 Championship game victory on May 11, 2024 (pacewlax and paceuathletics/IG)
Pace WLAX Win NE-10 Title, Hosts NCAA East Regional
Dylan Brown, Managing Editor • May 14, 2024

The title defense marches on for the Setters. Pace Women's Lacrosse defeated Adelphi University 16-14 last Saturday to win the Northeast-10 Championship....

Challengers (2024) official poster
Challengers Review
Evan MahannaMay 10, 2024

Challengers, directed by Luca Guadagnino, is a new romantic sports drama that brings a fresh approach to both genres. It’s a tale of a toxic...

Official Poster for Pace Docs 2024 documentary, The Cooper: Crafting The Soul of The Cask
Graphic design by Lilah McCormack
PaceDocs Premieres "The Cooper: Crafting the Soul of the Cask"
Evan MahannaMay 7, 2024

Pace University's Producing the Documentary course students traveled to Spain to film a new documentary this year. As part of the annual PaceDocs...

Pace Engages in International Education Week

Every student has their own personal reason for deciding on Pace in contrast to other considered universities. However, when International Education Week rolls around, Pace provides further reason to celebrate the decision.

The motive behind the International Education Week is to provide an opportunity for students to bask in the benefits of international education and exchange worldwide. Not only does this include students who travel abroad, but also those who attend American universities, including Pace. This is it a joint initiative of the U.S. Department of State and the U.S. Department of Education, and also partners with efforts to promote programs that prepare Americans for a global environment. This program was built to attract future leaders (the students) to engage in study abroad and exchange programs both in and outside of the United States.

“I chose to study at Pace because of the internship opportunities,” freshman applied psychology major, Jessica Wong said. “I would have rather graduated from here.”

But Jessica isn’t the only student to choose Pace as their institution of choice. There are currently 28 international students on the Pleasantville campus, and as a university, including New York City, Pace represents over 30 countries. This allows the university to provide social and networking events amongst the international and domestic populations.

“International Education Week is meant to really bring the population together,” staff assistant of Faculty-Led Study Abroad Maleia Sheflin said.

And this has led students to engage in Pace’s culture. Freshman Stephanie Trupel from Sao Paulo, Brazil is fascinated with the idea of global education.

“It really gives students a chance to experience different cultures in and out of academics,” freshman business major Stephanie Trupel said.

Many of the thoughts Wong and Trupel have on global education can also be applied to American students. They both stated that they feel it is important for students to get exposure to other cultures, especially in today’s society.

Pace will hold activities for International Education Week including an International Education Fair on Nov. 13 from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m., as well as the 2nd Annual International Jeopardy Tournament on Thu. Nov. 14 at 12:30 p.m. in the Student Union on the New York campus.

For more information about international education programs, please contact Maleia Sheflin at (212) 346-1197.