Setters advance to NCAA Quarterfinals
Dylan Brown, Managing Editor • May 16, 2024

Pace is one step closer to repeating. The Setters defeated the Bentley University Falcons today, 17-10 to advance. Initially offense-filled,...

On field celebrations begin at Northwell Stadium following Pace WLAXs NE-10 Championship game victory on May 11, 2024 (pacewlax and paceuathletics/IG)
Pace WLAX Win NE-10 Title, Hosts NCAA East Regional
Dylan Brown, Managing Editor • May 14, 2024

The title defense marches on for the Setters. Pace Women's Lacrosse defeated Adelphi University 16-14 last Saturday to win the Northeast-10 Championship....

Challengers (2024) official poster
Challengers Review
Evan MahannaMay 10, 2024

Challengers, directed by Luca Guadagnino, is a new romantic sports drama that brings a fresh approach to both genres. It’s a tale of a toxic...

Singing with Glee

Whether it be through performance or at practice, students are opening new doors to showcase their talents. One student organization, the Glee Club, gives students further reason to vocalize their talents.

Over recent years, Glee Club, or simply Glee, as it is referred to by its members, has acted as a base for students who want to engage in the arts. Since there is not a fine arts program on campus, Glee has taken the opportunity to give students a place to vocalize their musical talents.

“We really have a variety of members who share an abundance of musical tastes,” president and senior communications major Patrika Cheston said. “Since there isn’t a music or performing arts program, Glee really allows those interested in singing to take action.”

With an intimate group of students, Cheston glorified the organization as a second family. All of the members take part in various events around campus, some of which have been described as encouraging and eye opening. The Glee Club has hosted concerts on campus for the student body and has been invited to perform on different occasions for special events, such as graduation, and for faculty.

“It’s really an honor to perform for the University,” Cheston said.

Freshman Gabriel Solano joined Glee in his first few weeks and says it’s one of the greatest decisions he’s made.

“It’s really a care free and fun environment,” freshman communications major Gabriel Solano said. “I couldn’t imagine expressing our talents anywhere else than in Glee.”

Solano also stated that he will continue to do his part in growing the organization, not only as a member, but as a performer in this campus organization described as a strong community. The Glee Club’s membership reflects the goals of the organization as all of the members are interested in furthering their talents, something that they would not be able to do without Glee.

Cheston would like to see the organization grow before she graduates in May but is relying on the support of the student body to reach this goal. Glee is open to students who are musically inclined and have a desire to light up the room.

For more information about Glee Club, please contact Patrika Cheston at [email protected].