On field celebrations begin at Northwell Stadium following Pace WLAXs NE-10 Championship game victory on May 11, 2024 (pacewlax and paceuathletics/IG)
Pace WLAX Win NE-10 Title, Hosts NCAA East Regional
Dylan Brown, Managing Editor • May 14, 2024

The title defense marches on for the Setters. Pace Women's Lacrosse defeated Adelphi University 16-14 last Saturday to win the Northeast-10 Championship....

Challengers (2024) official poster
Challengers Review
Evan MahannaMay 10, 2024

Challengers, directed by Luca Guadagnino, is a new romantic sports drama that brings a fresh approach to both genres. It’s a tale of a toxic...

Official Poster for Pace Docs 2024 documentary, The Cooper: Crafting The Soul of The Cask
Graphic design by Lilah McCormack
PaceDocs Premieres "The Cooper: Crafting the Soul of the Cask"
Evan MahannaMay 7, 2024

Pace University's Producing the Documentary course students traveled to Spain to film a new documentary this year. As part of the annual PaceDocs...

CRU: Providing Spirituality, One Student at a Time

The line between religion and society is often blurred, but being as students on campus, there are outlets to clear those misunder­standings. CRU, a non-denomi­national Christian organization, is open to care for all students, regardless of their creed.

“We want to encourage ev­eryone to explore God together,” Vice President and senior com­munications major Kerêne Edie said.

The organization has grown in the last year, extending to in­dividuals who are a part of other communities. Weekly meetings are a place for students to gather and discuss topics and issues that members or friends may be fac­ing. The personalities of these members resemble a melting pot, reflecting the diverse student body of this campus.

“Our goal is to minister to the students,” Edie said. “We make an environment for students to feel comfortable. There are no stupid questions.”

During meetings, the organi­zation educates members on prac­tical ways to de-stress and handle everyday situations. By extending a hand to students, CRU hopes to bring spirituality to those seeking a little encouragement.

For individuals who may be unable to attend meetings, they are welcome to drop a note or prayer request in their Prayer Box, located in SDCA. And for those who may feel uncomfort­able attending, there is no need to. Edie spoke of CRU as being a family away from home.

“CRU teaches about the Christian religion and their val­ues, just as another organization would do with their topics of in­terest,” sophomore biology major Emily Weiss said. “Why not have an organization that does this?”

Events are another way CRU has become popular amongst stu­dents. Although Operation Christ­mas Child is CRU’s larger event, Silent Scream and I’m a Diva are just a couple of the organization’s more popular events that spread the word of empowerment.

“Silent Scream is based on suicide awareness, and I’m a Diva is based on women em­powerment “Edie said. “The two bring awareness to the different situation, empowering each other to do better. It’s partnered with Jenesaisquoi, a women’s empow­erment program, and is designed to empower women in finding themselves while aspiring to be who they wish to become, despite the views of society.”

In every organization, events and members play a big part in the structure, but there’s always that one member who goes above and beyond. Edie expressed her extreme thanks to CRU’s presi­dent, Lindsay Burgess.

“Lindsay has really gone be­yond expectations,” Edie said. “She is a jack of all trades and is always ensuring business and lei­sure are taken care of. She’s the president for a reason and I ad­mire that.”

Edie went on to say that she wants students to feel invited to attend CRU’s events and learn new ways of experiencing life. She also stated that she has seen “beautiful changes” in the mem­bers, and hopes that they continue to have positive and beneficial experiences to last them through their years.

For more information on CRU, please contact Kerêne Edie at [email protected].