Brunch With Bae: St. Valentine’s Day Recommendations

MICHELLE RICCIARDI, Editor in Chief

February is known as Black History month and the shortest month of the year, but it is also known for Saint Valentine’s Day.

St. Valentine’s Day has become a Hallmark-holiday dedicated to love and friendship. However, many people will plan a perfect night for their sweeties but will fall short of their expectations.

While Pace students may not have a hard time getting physical with their significant others, college loans make it hard to get fiscal. So if you and your bae, or your group of anti-Valentine singles, want to celebrate on a budget then consider some of these local brunch spots. After all, St. Valentine’s Day is next Sunday, and what better way to celebrate your relationship status or lack thereof than with a few mimosas and breakfast foods at 1 p.m.?

• Vintage Lounge & Restaurant

171 Main St, White Plains, NY 10601

Bottomless: Yes

Reservations: Required

Located across the street from Starbucks and the Galleria Mall, Vintage offers a buffet style brunch including everything from omelets to carving stations for $25.95 per person. If you opt out of the unlimited alcohol it’ll only cost you $19.95 per person! There’s a reason to celebrate.

• The Beehive

30 Old Rte. 22, Armonk, NY 10504

Bottomless: No

Reservations: Recommended

The Beehive boasts a nontraditional brunch menu, serving breakfast items from 8 a.m.—2 p.m. and lunch from 11 p.m.—4 p.m. and cocktails all day. Compromise with your date(s) and go at a time in between to get the best of both menus!

• Café of Love

38 East Main St. Mount Kisco, NY 10549

Bottomless: No

Reservations: Recommended

Café of Love is a farm-to-table restaurant located just fifteen minutes north of the Pace Pleasantville campus. Its small-but-indulgent menu includes steak and eggs and Nutella-banana crepes.

• Polpettina (Eastchester location)

102 Fisher Ave, Eastchester, NY 10709

Bottomless: Yes

Reservations: No

The chic pizzeria and restaurant serves on a first-come basis. Brunch includes unlimited mimosas and beer cocktails, an appetizer, a main dish, and fresh pastries for $29.00 per person.

• Modern Barn

430 Bedford Road, Armonk, NY 10504

Bottomless: No

Reservations: Recommended

Upscale and affordable, Modern Barn offers classic brunch entrees with a twist. There’s something for everyone there like the Vanilla Bean Belgian Waffle or the “Hung-over Piggie: [a] sausage stuffed pork loin wrapped in bacon, bell peppers, onion, provolone polenta, egg sunny side up.”