Pace Hosts Eileen Fisher Information Session

ELISE ADAMS, Layout Editor

The Eileen Fisher clothing company held an internship informational session last week’s

Tuesday afternoon in Gottesman in hopes of attracting Pace’s most talented students.

The company has corporate offices in both New York City and Irvington, where they will be placing interns in various departments for their summer program.

There are 19 different department categories that are accepting interns including advertising, communications, graphic design, IT, marketing and more.

Interns will get hands on experience in their department and the chance to shadow someone from another division so they are exposed to multiple parts of the company and understand how everyone simultaneously works together.

According to member of the Eileen Fisher human resources and the intern hiring team Evelyn Bing, Eileen Fisher has a very team-oriented working environment.

“Everyone’s voice is heard in a meeting and you can give your input on any topic. I also love our individual growth and well being mission where the company pays for you to take up a hobby like yoga or cooking classes. It’s important to make sure your employees want to come to work everyday to a joyful atmosphere,” Bing said.

Those who are accepted will work five days per week on a full time schedule ranging from 30 to 35 hours per week and will be paid $12 per hour. The 10-week internship program will start June 6 and finish Aug 12.

“It is a really competitive program so we want to know what separates you from the others. Do you have experience? Good references? Good conversational skills in the interview? Do you know about the brand? Those are the things we are looking for,” member of the Eileen Fisher intern hiring team Liad Amir said.

The Eileen Fisher brand was founded in 1984 and has been a growing company ever since the store first opened in New York City in 1986. The sustainability and quality of the clothing have always been important assets to Fisher, who is known to produce a product that will last 10 to 20 years.