Second Annual Wildin’ Out

Joseph Tucci, Managing Editor

The Black Student Union (BSU) hosted its second annual Wildin’ Out event –based off the MTV show of the same name- allowing students to compete in an improv comedy show Wednesday night in the Gottesman room.

Part of BSU’s goal of the event was to promote unity on campus and show the “fun side” of BSU since they are often just seen as a social justice group for racial issues.

“When people think about BSU they usually just think that we’re into the politics, and the empowerment. But this event is to get the other side of Pace who is not really interested in having those really deep conversations,” President of BSU Adina McCray said.

Another goal BSU had with this event was to get freshmen more involved in Pace, they promoted this event during the Week of Welcome, as well as through tabling and sending out mass emails.

“The show is really really popular, so we wanted to get freshmen involved and bring them to BSU and just get involved on campus in general,” McCray said.

Participants were divided into a black team and white team and competed in several challenges. The first being “Let Me Holler”, where participants had to come up with a pick-up line to present to a member of BSU.

“Mama do you raise chicks, because you sure raised my cock,” one participant said. “My childhood support payment is always on time,” another participant said.

The next round was called “Dictionary” where a BSU member would describe a word and the participant would have to guess what it is. This was followed by a rap battle between the two teams.

“You said you got hoes, but what the f**k are those?,” one participant said.

The final round was “At The Family Reunion” where BSU members picked random members of the audience to make fun off.

The white team won, they received BSU t-shirts and wireless Bluetooth speakers. The audience decided who would win by either giving a thumbs up or by crossing their arms in disapproval during each round.

BSU aimed to improve the event from last year and felt like they did a decent job.

“We did do this event last year, we had a good turn out just like we had tonight. But we wanted to make it better, so we brought and planned for more people and get out better prizes,” Former President of BSU Mercedez Williams said.

McCray hopes that BSU will continue to host the event and make it bigger next time.

“I would like to bring it back it might be something do we later on in the semester, since it’s really early in the semester so were not able to publicize as much as we wanted too,” McCray said.