You Can Now Eat Cookie Dough By The Scoop

DO Cookie Dough Confections

DO Cookie Dough Confections

Elise Adams, Layout Editor

DO Cookie Dough Confections is a new ice cream like parlor nestled in the streets of Greenwich Village in New York City where you can buy cookie dough to eat by the scoop.

People wait in line anywhere from one to four hours to try the highly acclaimed cookie dough. The shop opens at 10 AM and people start lining up in the cold as early as 8:30 to be one of the first in line. There are over 13 flavors that include flutter nutter, gimme s’more, cake batter and classic chocolate chip. Each scoop of cookie dough is $4 and you can get them in a cone or a cup. The shop also sells cookie dough milkshakes, freshly baked cookies, ice cream and a DIY cookie sandwich.  The shop sells over 15,000 pounds of dough every day.

The shop’s owner, 28-year old Kristen Tomlan always loved eating raw cookie dough as a kid and was inspired to open a cookie dough shop when she sent on vacation with some friends. Tomlan and her friends stopped in a cookie bakery and instead of buying cookies, bought a tub of raw cookie dough, that they all shared. But it wasn’t until a life-threatening illness in 2014 when Tomlan decided to chase her dreams of opening a cookie dough shop.

After an allergic reaction to an antibiotic, Tomlan was in a medically induced coma for three weeks, right before her wedding date. After surviving her illness, Tomlan decided that life was too short to not chase her dreams. She started her business out of her home and was based online where she would ship out the edible cookie dough. Business got so demanding after getting endorsements from Refinery 29 and Glamour Magazine, that Tomlan quit her daytime job in branding to commit to her growing cookie dough business.

Tomlan opened her cookie dough shop DO Cookie Dough Confections in January, and people are traveling to New York City to give the cookie dough a try.

“I knew I loved cookie dough, and I knew other people loved cookie dough, but I did not expect this,” said Tomlan to TIME Magazine.

The dough is made with heat treated flour and pasteurized eggs, so it is completely safe to eat. There should be no worry of a stomach ache after a cup of this cookie dough.

Rachel Andrade, a student at Pace, waited in line for two hours.

“The first time we came it was a three hour wait, so two hours seemed better. It’s so good and there’s no other place like this in NYC, so that’s why there are so many people. But the wait is pretty worth it if you have a sweet tooth,” said the Arts and Entertainment Management major.

DO is open on Sundays, Tuesdays, and Wednesdays from 10 AM to 9 PM and Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays from 10AM-10PM at 550 LaGuardia Place in Greenwich Village. Plan accordingly to wait in line for up to two hours, but also plan to taste a dessert game changer that’s here to stay.