The cast of Our Lady Of 121st Street at Arc Stages. 
Left to right: Jillian Hinz, Evan Mahanna, Patrick Purcell, Belle Duddie, Kendall Key, Marquise McCullough, Lilah McCormack, Darius Tiru, Leanna Ward, Michaela Elyse Williams, Faith Andrews,  Payton Cocchia.
Pace University's Spring Play: Our Lady of 121st Street

Pace University’s spring play, Stephen Adly Guirgis’ Our Lady of 121st Street, premiered this past week at Arc Stages in Pleasantville. Opening...

Response to BIPOC Mentors Unpaid Since Fall
Response to "BIPOC Mentors Unpaid Since Fall"
Pace Chronicle StaffApril 12, 2024

We thank Dr. Stephanie Akunvabey, Ms. Nila Bhaumik, and Ms. Susan Donahue for taking the article, posted on March 15th, 2024, into consideration...

Pace Welcomes New President Dan Adjei

On Friday, Mar. 29 2013 Dan Adjei began his campaign for his Presidential campaign for Pace Pleasantville’s Student Government Association (SGA). Votes were casted on Apr. 1, and he won.

“I started publicizing right after Spring Break which gave me three days to get my name out,” said senior biology and math major and chemistry and political science minor, as well as current SGA President Dan Adjei. “My opponents, who I highly respect, had the advantage of being previously involved in SGA and are more involved in Greek life giving them pre-established circles, which I didn’t have.”

Currently a member and former Vice President of Campus Crusade for Christ (CCC) and African Students at Pace (ASAP), a pianist for Pace’s Inspirational Praise Ensemble (PIPE) and an active advocate for Pace’s Model UN, Adjei dabbles in a plethora of clubs and associations.. His positions as an RA in Dow Hall and a math and chemistry tutor in the library’s tutoring center have also helped to expose him to the many faces of Pace. As opposed to the diversified student body that Adjei soon will govern, his first leadership position was quite the opposite of his future position.

“I lived in Ghana from ages 13-19 where I held my first student government position,” said Adjei. “It was an all boys school so there wasn’t much diversity like there is at Pace.”

A friendly face on campus, Adjei works effortlessly to get to know as many students as possible on a personal level, expressing genuine interest in those he surrounds himself with. Just one walk across the first floor of the rather small library took about three minutes due to continuous daps, high-fives and hi-how-are-you’s, all instigated by the other party.

“I want to be approachable because I did it for my peers,” said Adjei. “I’m not here to occupy a position, I’m here to fight for the voices of the students because their voices carry power.”

Just knowing that he has the power to positively impact Pace was enough of a reason for the newly elected President to run. Adjei hopes to work closely with the professional departments and encourage them to reach out to students. Doing so would involve more students in campus activities, making sure that everyone is on the inside of a family.

Soon-to-be President Dan Adjei now finds himself, like his competitors, on the inside of a pre-established circle. Unlike his opponents, he will be the one maintaining this circle and is eager to get the ball rolling.