Photo via paceuathletics.com
Men's Lacrosse seeded 3rd for NE-10 Playoffs

The regular season for Northeast-10 Men's Lacrosse has come to an end. In a dead heat, the Setters wound up with the third seed in the conference....

Evan Mahanna April 20, 2024

Nicholas Diaz and Paris Tracey April 19, 2024

Westchester Protests Regarding Syria: Pace Speaks Up

Photo From hudSonvalleyrePorter.com Many Pace students, like those protesting in White Plains, believe that the U.S. should not become involved in Syria.

Roughly 100 White Plains residents took to the streets protesting whether the United States should take action in Syria on Fri., Sept. 6.

Following the uprising in Syria, in which protesters demanded the resignation of President Bashar Al-Assad, the country has been in an ongoing civil war. President Barack Obama has asked Congress to back his plan for limited strikes against Syria based on the chemical weapons attacks that have occurred on Syria’s civilians.

Protesters rallied around the fountain on Main Street in White Plains in a hope to catch the attention of Washington law- makers. The protesters held signs urging the U.S. not to intervene with military action in Syria. Some of the protesters held signs regarding the possible chemical weapons possessed by Syria and questioned the risks of entering into a new war.

Protests and rallies have occurred all over the country in a response to President Obama’s plan. Some American citizens are very adamant in their opinions while others are not as sure.

When asked, Pace stu- dents had much to say about the current situation in Syria and how they believe the United States should respond.

“I personally do not believe that the U.S. should attack Syria,” said one Pace undergraduate student. “If the U.S. gets involved, other countries will also get involved and that will only create a larger war, which can be avoided by staying out of Syria.”

The possible threat of the involvement of other coun- tries is one of the things that many Americans worry about. They also fear that a similar war situation would result in the falling of alliances.

“Personally, I feel that America should have nothing to do with Syria despite its United Nations obligations,” said an- other Pace undergraduate student. “Although we are part of the U.N., we are not the world police. There are far more pressing issues in our own country that need at- tending to.”