Evan Mahanna April 20, 2024

Nicholas Diaz and Paris Tracey April 19, 2024

Outfielder Layla Michelson high-fives catcher Carolina Iturriga during a home game(paceathletics/IG)
Softball Goes through New York City Area Colleges Spotless

NEW YORK- Pace Softball had a mini tour through New York City starting at Staten Island and ending in Queens, resulting in three more victories. On...

Senior Week Cancelled

Senior+Week+Cancelled+

The Committee for Senior Week currently does not have any seniors on it, putting a damper on activity planning, so therefore se­nior week may not be the same as past years.

Senior celebrations, or senior week as it is more commonly referred to, is a week comprised of events between the last day of finals and day of graduation. The events are meant to bring the se­nior class together to spend time on and off campus, serving as a fi­nal get-together before the seniors graduate and go off separate ways into the world.

“Usually the committee that sets up the events for the senior celebration is made up of juniors and seniors. This year I emailed all the seniors and received only one response,” Assistant Direc­tor of Student Development and Campus Activities Niki Fjeldal said. “Without a committee com­prised of seniors the events for the celebrations may not be what the seniors want and could be very limited.”

Some events may be planned, but without the input of the se­niors it is hard to determine what the events will be. When seniors are not giving input on the events that will be planned, it is possible that what is planned will not be liked by the senior class, and the students may not come to the events.

If seniors that were interested in having a senior week were to join the committee, they could as­sure that events that they would like to have would happen. The events that were part of senior week in previous years involved on campus and local off campus activities.

In the past there was a Se­nior Kickoff on the Miller lawn, where there were games and re­laxing on Shirley Beth’s Way. A wine tasting at Millbrook Winery took place where there was a day spent at the winery with views of other vineyards, the Catskills, and rolling hills. Similarly there was a brewery tour at Captain Lawrence Brewery, which in­cluded tastings of samples of all of the Captain Lawrence ales. A boat cruise is also usually part of senior week, creating a symbolic full circle experience at Pace, as a boat cruise is also an event when students first enter Pace during their orientation.

All of these events are occur­ances that seniors may still want to partake in as their Pace expe­rience comes to a close. Students that are seniors that feel as if they are missing out without the ex­periences of these events are en­couraged to become involved in the committee for senior celebra­tions to give their own. Students that are interested can contact Niki Fjeldal at [email protected].

For any individual that is asked to leave and is banned from campus, they are referred to as a “persona non grata” mean­ing “person not welcome.” The vehicle information and names of the banned students’ guests are at the gates of the Pleasant­ville and Briarcliff campuses and are given to Residential staff.

According to the Resident’s Handbook, “Guest privileges may be revoked for violation of University policies, and guests may be prohibited from Univer­sity property indefinitely. In ad­dition, the Residence Life Staff may, at any time, require a guest to vacate any residence hall.”

Guests that cause major dis­ruptions on campus are most of­ten asked to leave and escorted out or banned from the campus. Students that are responsible for these guests may be asked to leave the resident hall and be banned from housing, but a case-to-case basis may be taken.

Through major disturbances this semester, students and guests have both found out that the ac­tions that they take can have consequences that can remove them from campus. Students with guests are reminded that they should make sure to follow policy, including remaining with a guest and knowing where they are and what they are doing at all times.