Levesque Appointed to Assistant Dean for Community Standards and Compliance

Debbie Levesque, the current Director of Housing and Resi­dential Life, has recently been appointed as the new Assistant Dean for Community Standards and Compliance, effective Jan. 16, 2014.

Levesque has held a posi­tion at Pace for more than thirty years. She has held positions in admissions, as the Director of Housing and Residential life for the last 27 years, and will now hold the newly created universi­ty-wide position.

In announcing Levesque’s change of position to the Resi­dential Life Staff the Dean for Students, Dr. Lisa Bardill Mos­caritolo, explained that Levesque has been a great asset to the divi­sion of student affairs.

“She has made an impact on many students and staff while in this role and we know she will continue to do so in her new role,” Dean Bardill Moscaritolo said.

As Assistant Dean for Com­munity Standards and Compli­ance, Levesque will report to both Dean for Students for Pace Westchester Campuses, Bardill Moscaritolo, as well as the Dean for Students for the New York City Campus Marijo Russel- O’Grady.

“Marijo and I are thrilled that she will be transitioning to this role,” Dean Bardill Moscaritolo said. “We are confident in Deb­bie’s knowledge experience, and relationships on campus to help us develop community standards offices on both campuses. This will help us ensure that we are in compliance with certain state and federal laws.”

Levesque is sad and excited to be changing positions but hopes that her new position will create greater opportunity for an even larger family. Although she has enjoyed her position as Di­rector of Housing and Residen­tial Life and the people that she has had the privilege of working with, she is glad that she will still be able to work with them in her new position.

“Every hardship or great thing provides an opportunity,” Levesque said. “I have said many times that I have the best job in the world because I get to see so many people use the opportunities that present them­selves in order to become bet­ter people and to create a larger family in residential life. I love working with students, parents, other Pace staff, and just getting to know everyone.”

The new position of Assistant Dean for Community Standards and Compliance Levesque will be in charge of creating more of a college community in the be­ginning for both the New York City Campus and the Pleasant­ville Campus. Small businesses and community organizations are becoming a large part of Pace and this position will aid in the progress of further integration.

“With Pace Pleasantville cel­ebrating fifty years this year, it makes me think…I have seen what we have become in the last fifty years, and hope to see part of what the next fifty will be,” Levesque said. “I want to be able to leave us in the best shape we can be in. It has been a blessing to work with so many partners and to bring a community to­gether to solidify everyone as a whole.”

Levesque is very eager to continue working with residen­tial life and be create more con­nections with both on campus and off campus communities. She is looking forward to re­maining part of the family she has been a part of for the last 27 years

“I love Residential Life so much, working with all of the students and staff has given me a million opportunities and has given me a wonderful experi­ence,” Levesque said. “Working closely with both Deans will be a wonderful experience. They are two of the most selfless people that I have ever met.”