Events Planned For 2014 Pace Senior Week

Taylor Longenberger, News Editor

Senior Celebrations Committee has gained more senior student involvement in planning this year’s Senior Week.

Senior Week has been scheduled for May 18-23 and will end with the commencement ceremony and graduation of the senior class.

“Senior week is for remembering the good times at Pace,” Assistant Director of Student Development and Campus Activities (SDCA) Niki Fjeldal said.  “We want the last week before students graduate be full of things that they want to do and things they will enjoy. Today students don’t have as much of a sense of togetherness as a class, and I realize that many students want to be able to spend time with their close friends and do things in smaller groups rather than with the entire graduating class, but the input of the seniors has helped us decide which events to include in senior week for those that are interested.”

A survey was sent out to senior students asking which events they would be most interested in having during senior week and just over 100 students responded. Results indicated that the two events that students were most interested in attending were a trip to the Foxwoods Resort and Casino and a trip to a winery.

The schedule of events for senior week begins on Sun. May 18 with a wine tour of a local winery. The winery that will be used has yet to be decided, but the committee hopes to announce the location soon. The following day is a tentative barbeque either on Shirley Beth’s Way or at the Townhouses.

On Tuesday, those who are interested have the option to attend a trip to Foxwoods located in Ledyard, CT. The trip to the casino will be an overnight stay with the return to campus on Wednesday. The next day, Thursday, will involve a series of awards that will be given out to members of the graduating senior class.

Commencement ceremonies on the Pleasantville campus will occur on Fri. May 23.

Although the planning for senior week is still in the process of being finalized, the events that have been planned thus far have been decided based on the feedback from the current seniors.

Students that are interested in learning more about Senior Week, or adding their own input into the discussion for planning events, should contact Niki Fjeldal at [email protected].