SGA Update October 31

TAYLOR LONGENBERGER, News Editor

Student Government Association (SGA) met in Miller Lecture Hall Fri., Oct. 31.

Information Technology (IT) services presented in Senate in order to create awareness of cyber security and safety. They emphasized creating safe and secure accounts with all personal information safe from hackers as well as any device, even a USB device, that is plugged into the internet.

Furniture options for the new dorms created by the master plan will be on display in Goldstein Fitness Center on Fri. Nov. 7 for students, faculty, and alumni to view.

John Wrench, SGA President, announced that “Lunch with the President” would be held on Nov. 20 at 10 a.m.

Tunnel of Oppression is in need of volunteers for tour guides, actors, and others that would be willing to help with the general development of the event.

Shawn Livingston, Executive Advisor, presented that the university is in the process of increasing sexual assault awareness and that they are in need of student organization involvement.

Professor Howard Weishaus, Legislative Advisor, announced that the community meeting would be held on Nov. 11 at 3:30 in Leinhard Lecture Hall.

Students with comments or questions can find the SGA Office located near the Higher One office in the Kessel Student Center and can also attend the SGA meeting this Fri Nov. 7.