Res Life Introduces All-Gender Housing

Niki Pinto, Featured Writer

For the first time, Pace will be offering all-gender housing options for the fall 2015 semester, according to Associate Director of Residential Life, Matthew Lavery.

Rooms, suites, and townhouses without community bathrooms can now be co-ed, where rooms were previously same-gendered. Students looking for all gender housing would be able to apply to live in the townhouses, Alumni, and Dow Hall.

Sophomore communications major Amber Borrero plans on taking advantage of all-gender housing next semester.

“I think it’s interesting. You get to live with friends you never would have had the chance to live with before,” Borrero said.

In the event that a roommate or housemate has to move out, students will be given the opportunity to fill the vacant space with a student of their own choosing. The Residential Life staff will handle all housing conflicts.

Meetings will be set up for students to discuss all-gender housing and the guidelines involved. These meetings will be held before the close of business on April 2.

Students who are interested in all-gender housing, or that have any questions about all-gender housing can e-mail the Office of Residential Life and Housing at [email protected].

Students can also contact Matthew Lavery at [email protected] if they have any further questions about all-gender housing.