Response to BIPOC Mentors Unpaid Since Fall
Response to "BIPOC Mentors Unpaid Since Fall"
Pace Chronicle Staff April 12, 2024

We thank Dr. Stephanie Akunvabey, Ms. Nila Bhaumik, and Ms. Susan Donahue for taking the article, posted on March 15th, 2024, into consideration...

Graduate Attacker Sydney Juvelier(#14) leaps in celebration with teammates Nikki Mottes(#28) and Lindsay Radmann(#23) vs Adelphi University on April 10, 2024(pacewlax/IG)
#1 WLAX Overcomes #3 Adelphi in Road Test

GARDEN CITY, N.Y.-  Another top-5 matchup went to the Setters. Pace Women's Lacrosse defeated the Adelphi University Panthers 12-11 on the road....

Monkey Man Poster
Source: Wikipedia
Monkey Man: The Revival of Action Movies
James Steigerwald, Feature Editor • April 11, 2024

Monkey Man is an action/thriller movie released on March 11th, 2024, directed by and starring Dev Patel. Patel’s career breakthrough was his...

Diaz And Tracey Wins 2024 SGA Election

Outside of the Office of SGA
Outside of the Office of SGA

Incumbent President Nick Diaz and Vice President Paris Tracey have won reelection to their respective offices in the Student Government Association. The announcement was made on the official Instagram of Pace University’s Center of Student Engagement. The Center of Student Engagement did not release the official vote count received by the two competitors.

Voting officially ended at 4:00 pm. All candidates were campaigning to the last minute. Sebastian Zayas-Bazan and Anthony Guerrero parked their campaign at the entrance of Kessel Student Center near the Dean’s suite, tabling from as early as 11:30 this morning. Diaz was seen campaigning around the building and outside, for a more mobile strategy.

Student workers for the Center of Student Engagement were seen removing campaign posters around 4:08 pm around Kessel Student Center, indicating results soon to be released. The official Instagram post came promptly at 4:10 on @engage_paceplv, Diaz, and Tracey in formal wear and “Congratulations” in script on the bottom left.

Both campaigns were marked with more word-of-mouth than usual, this one coming down to champion versus challenger as opposed to multiple groups for a seat being vacated in the 2023 Election. Zayas-Bazan and Guerrero’s campaign page had multiple interviews with student club leaders. Specifically, the president of the newly established Yarn Club and the President of OnePace PLV.

The Diaz-Tracey campaign saw the return of their photo frame from last year. Multiple student endorsers pose with the frame indicating the person’s intention to give their vote to them. The incumbents secured the endorsements of Pace Media Zone(PMZ) and the Cosmetology Club. Their popularity proved steady enough to stay in their office.

Sporadic, short cheers rose on the second floor. Excited giggles and a loud “woo” shot out. Diaz gave multiple thank yous to friends of his and regular students on his campaign’s victory.  The remainder of this year is now expected to transition into the next, successfully avoiding a lame-duck period.